The Crockin' Girls Slow Cookin' Companion Cookbook Review
By: Editors of AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"Finding good slow cooker recipes can be a bit of a challenge. There are a lot of soups and stews out there, but I was looking for something new that I hadn’t tried before. Thankfully, I came across The Crockin’ Girls' new slow cooker cookbook, Slow Cookin’ Companion, and it truly has become a great companion of mine. It is not only loaded with soups and stews, but also recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I found a great recipe for Sunrise Pizza that the kids absolutely adore. I mean a pizza in a slow cooker – how wild is that? The best part about the cookbook are the enticing photos of each and every recipe. There’s no need for me to keep separate tabs on the recipes that I want to make, because I’m pretty sure I’m going to eventually make them all. If you are a slow cooker fanatic, like myself, then this cookbook is a must for your collection. I now consider myself to be one of the 'crockin’ girls.' "
"Everything about The Crockin' Girls' Slow Cookin' Companion cookbook is warm and friendly. That may be weird to say about a cookbook, but it's true. From the welcome letter that begins with 'Hey, y'all,' to the brightly colored pages, to the personal recipe names and descriptions, this cookbook oozes personality and charm. Paging through it really does feel like you're chatting with a friend about their favorite recipes. Aside from the friendliness of this cookbook, the other overwhelming thing I noticed about this recipe collection was the sheer variety of dishes. Who knew there were so many different things you could make in your slow cooker? I'm especially intrigued to try the Hot Fudge Cake and the French Dip Sandwiches. Cake and sandwiches in the slow cooker...how cool is that?! If you only buy one slow cooker cookbook in your life, I'd definitely go with the Slow Cookin' Companion."
"This is by far the prettiest slow cooker cookbook I’ve ever come across. With gorgeous photography and a clean, yet interesting layout, The Crockin’ Girls have really gone out of their way to create the definitive slow cooker cookbook. With a down-to-earth, country angle, The Crockin’ Girls represent the 'Everyday Mom' just looking for easy and tasty ways to feed their families. With classic recipes like Chicken and Dumplings (page 95), Pepper Steak (page 229), Chicken in a Hurry (page 249), Fudge Brownies (page 345), and so much more, you may just let your oven get dusty! This is slow cookin’ done right!"
"Nicole Sparks and Jenna Marwitz tell you everything you need to know to create wonderful home cooked meals in this fantastic cookbook. It's full of bright pictures that showcase the attractive and incredibly tasty-looking recipes. This book has everything from breakfast to desserts, and is chock full of great meal ideas. Each recipe has a full-page picture, so you know exactly what the end product should look like. The recipes are also printed in a large text, which makes cooking so much easier. I hate it when I try to read a recipe printed in a tiny font while I'm in the middle of cooking. The recipes in this book are laid out so nicely that you'll never have that problem when making one of these tasty dishes."
"I was drawn to the Crockin' Girls' Slow Cooker Companion cookbook the moment I laid my eyes on it. Its bright colors drew me in, while the recipes kept me hooked. After looking through the cookbook, I feel like I could make every meal from now on in my slow cooker. Breakfasts, appetizers, soups, sides, main courses, desserts, this book has it all. The beautiful pictures just make the recipes even more enticing. I especially love the section on dips. I can think of more than a few to make for my family parties. Slow cooker dips are so convenient and because they're so easy, they give me more time to prepare for the party."
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Waffles Cookbook Review
- The Crockin' Girls Slow Cookin' Companion Cookbook Review
- One-Pot Wonders Cookbook Review
- 365 Days of Slow Cooking Cookbook Review
- Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook Review
- More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow Cookbook Review
- The Professional Chef, Ninth Edition Review
- Sweet On Texas Cookbook Review
- Slow Cooker Recipes 10 Ingredients or Less and Gluten-Free Cookbook Review
- The Low-GI Slow Cooker Cookbook Review
- 16 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix Free eCookbook
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook
- Summer Meals That Won't Heat Up The House: 30 Summer Slow Cooker Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Tempting Pulled Pork Gyros
- Paleo Slow Cooker Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Pork Enchilada Stacks
- Our Best Slow Cooker Desserts: 13 Apple Crisp & Cobbler Recipes
- Barbeque Ranch Chicken Nachos
- Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- Spicy Blueberry Chipotle Beef Nachos
- Irresistible Butter Chicken
- Zesty Pork Carnitas
- 5 Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup Recipes You Should Make Today