Epicurean Roller Pin Review
By: The Editors of AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Epicurean Roller Pin
Provided by Epicurean
Reviewed by Blair Chavis
Epicurean's Roller Pin is truly a unique kitchen tool! It's both physically beautiful and made with utility and the environment in mind. This elegant rolling pin is made with a wood fiber composite, which combines natural wood fiber and food-safe resin. While this material is quite strong. the rolling pin feels smoothe to the touch. This rolling pin is relatively light-weight, non-porous, and dishwasher safe. Unlike many wooden rolling pins, this Roller Pin is made to withstand cracking, splitting and staining.
According to Epicurean, the wood fiber raw material used to make this roller pin and other Epicurean tools is classified as green.
"The wood fiber raw material comes from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified sources and/or recycled paper," according to Epicurean. "More than 99 percent of volatile organic compounds are incinerated during the saturation process, and even the heat from incineration is captured and reused for drying to minimize thermal pollution."
Interestingly, the material used for the Roller Pin has been around for more than six decades, and is also used for commercial, industrial, and marine purposes, as well as recreational skate park surfaces. If this wood material can handle young people repeatedly skating over it, it can certainly hold it's own in the kitchen. This material has also been used for cutting boards, smart phone cases, and even countertops.
This Roller Pin certainly addresses concerns I've had about rolling pins in the past. For instance, I find great comfort in the fact that this rolling pin is non-porous. With other rolling pins, I've worried about cleaning them after exposing them to raw dough. In addition, often they're not dishwasher safe, so I've been left to trust my hands and a sponge to make sure they're clean enough for future use.
Not to mention, it's possibly one of the sturdiest rolling pins I've ever handled, as it's 20 inches long, while many rolling pins are much shorter. Epicurean's Roller Pin also has a lot of weight to it. It's not too heavy to handle, but it does provide balanced weight, which makes rolling out dense dough much easier. A rolling pin needs some weight to give it more power against heavy dough.
Finally, I really appreciate that Epicurean's Roller Pin has long handles. This makes handling the rolling pin a more controlled experience. The more control I have while rolling, the more efficient and precise a job I can perform!
This rolling pin is an attractive and useful addition to any home kitchen!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Pourfect Measuring Beakers Review
- Tovolo Spatulas Review
- Pendleton Barbecue Sauces Reviews
- PanSaver Slow Cooker Liners Review
- Epare Pepper Mill Review
- KitchenAid 6-Quart Slow Cooker Review
- Mooney Farms Basque Norte Meat Marinade Review
- Byron's BBQ Pulled Pork Review
- Casa Di Bertacchi Meatballs Review
- Spice Heist Slow Cooker Spices Prize Pack Review
- 16 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix Free eCookbook
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook
- Summer Meals That Won't Heat Up The House: 30 Summer Slow Cooker Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Garlic Chicken Farfalle
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Easy Honey Sesame Chicken
- Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
- 21 of Grandma's Best Slow Cooker Recipes
- Pretty Easy Pork Ragu
- Epare Pepper Mill Review
- Apple Kielbasa Bites
- Asian Chicken Nachos
- 25 Easy Dessert Recipes for Breakfast