Epicurean Roller Pin Review
By: The Editors of AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Epicurean Roller Pin
Provided by Epicurean
Reviewed by Blair Chavis
Epicurean's Roller Pin is truly a unique kitchen tool! It's both physically beautiful and made with utility and the environment in mind. This elegant rolling pin is made with a wood fiber composite, which combines natural wood fiber and food-safe resin. While this material is quite strong. the rolling pin feels smoothe to the touch. This rolling pin is relatively light-weight, non-porous, and dishwasher safe. Unlike many wooden rolling pins, this Roller Pin is made to withstand cracking, splitting and staining.
According to Epicurean, the wood fiber raw material used to make this roller pin and other Epicurean tools is classified as green.
"The wood fiber raw material comes from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified sources and/or recycled paper," according to Epicurean. "More than 99 percent of volatile organic compounds are incinerated during the saturation process, and even the heat from incineration is captured and reused for drying to minimize thermal pollution."
Interestingly, the material used for the Roller Pin has been around for more than six decades, and is also used for commercial, industrial, and marine purposes, as well as recreational skate park surfaces. If this wood material can handle young people repeatedly skating over it, it can certainly hold it's own in the kitchen. This material has also been used for cutting boards, smart phone cases, and even countertops.
This Roller Pin certainly addresses concerns I've had about rolling pins in the past. For instance, I find great comfort in the fact that this rolling pin is non-porous. With other rolling pins, I've worried about cleaning them after exposing them to raw dough. In addition, often they're not dishwasher safe, so I've been left to trust my hands and a sponge to make sure they're clean enough for future use.
Not to mention, it's possibly one of the sturdiest rolling pins I've ever handled, as it's 20 inches long, while many rolling pins are much shorter. Epicurean's Roller Pin also has a lot of weight to it. It's not too heavy to handle, but it does provide balanced weight, which makes rolling out dense dough much easier. A rolling pin needs some weight to give it more power against heavy dough.
Finally, I really appreciate that Epicurean's Roller Pin has long handles. This makes handling the rolling pin a more controlled experience. The more control I have while rolling, the more efficient and precise a job I can perform!
This rolling pin is an attractive and useful addition to any home kitchen!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Tovolo Spatulas Review
- Pendleton Barbecue Sauces Reviews
- PanSaver Slow Cooker Liners Review
- Byron's BBQ Pulled Pork Review
- KitchenAid 6-Quart Slow Cooker Review
- Spectrum Yumi 2-Tier Server Review
- KitchenAid 7-qt. Slow Cooker Review
- Butcher's Kitchen Impressor Meat Tenderizer Review
- Casa Di Bertacchi Meatballs Review
- Joseph Joseph SpiceStore Carousel Review
- 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes eCookbook
- 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook
- 16 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix Free eCookbook
- 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker eCookbook
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker eCookbook
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipes - Free eCookbook!
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast eCookbook
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Good for You Slow Cooker BBQ Meatloaf
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos
- Slow Cooker Lemon Poke Cake
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Salad
- Slow Cooker Pasta Shells and Sausage
- 4-Ingredient Cream Cheese Corn
- Blueberry BBQ Slow Cooker Meatballs
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
- 10 Slow Cooker Brisket Recipes to Drool Over
- How To Rate and Comment On Recipes on Our Site