Put' em Up! Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Put' em Up!
Provided by Storey Publishing
Reviewed by Allison Wall
If you’re like me, then you enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables. Yet, as seasons change, you end up with an abundance of produce. Then you ask yourself what you’re going to do with it all. When I picked up a copy of Put ‘em Up! by Sherri Brooks Vinton, I expected to find nothing but recipes for jellies and jams. Well, was I wrong! Put ‘em Up! is a thorough, step-by-step guide to preserving food. With this book, you’ll be filling your pantry in no time.
Vinton breaks the book down into two parts: techniques and recipes. You’ll find information for all kinds of preserving: refrigeration, freezing, infusion, drying, and boiling. She then lists 165 recipes, all of which capture the fresh flavors of fruits and vegetables. What I love about this book is the way that Vinton organizes it. She gives you a quick breakdown of preservation and categorizes recipes by ingredient. From cherries, to mushrooms, to figs, there are plenty of ingredients to choose from.
Each recipe is unique, as well. You’ll find classics, such as Homemade Applesauce and Corn Salsa. You’ll also find new ideas, including Cantaloupe Rum and Roasted Pepper Ketchup. There are so many delectable recipes to choose from. I can’t wait to try them all! You don’t have to be a preserving professional to prepare these foods, either. Vinton makes preserving easy and fun.
Put ‘em Up! really depicts how beneficial it is to preserve food. It’s cheaper than buying jarred goods. Plus, it’s greener, especially if you use locally grown fruits and vegetables. Making these recipes preserves not only produce, but memories as well. You’ll always remember the going to the strawberry patch, or growing tomatoes in your backyard.
Pull out those mason jars and get ready to be inspired. This cookbook is sure to be a staple in any kitchen. You’ll be preserving for years to come!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- 365 Days of Slow Cooking Cookbook Review
- Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook Review
- Betty Crocker Halloween Cookbook Review
- Waffles Cookbook Review
- More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow Cookbook Review
- Betty Crocker The Big Book of Cookies Review
- The Crockin' Girls Slow Cookin' Companion Cookbook Review
- One-Pot Wonders Cookbook Review
- Put' em Up! Cookbook Review
- The Best Craft Cocktails & Bartending with Flair Cookbook Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Turkey Tetrazzini
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce
- Slow Cooker Cherry Jalapeno Meatballs
- How To Make Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe
- Slow Cooker Soy Spare Ribs
- Slow Cooker Rump Roast With Potatoes And Carrots
- Slow Cooker Salsa
- Slow Cooker Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Pulled Beef Torta
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook