Sweet On Texas Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Sweet On Texas
Provided by Chronicle Books
Reviewed by Allison Wall
When I think of Texas, I’ll admit that I think of barbecues, brisket, and hearty meals. I picked up a copy of Sweet On Texas by Denise Gee not knowing what to expect. I had no idea that an entire book could be filled with desserts from one state!
Gee gathers 65 of the most beloved desserts of the Lone Star state and brings the tastes of the south straight to your table. She brings humor and insight, which made me interested in the background of the recipes, as well as the recipes themselves. Plus, the pictures are to die for, thanks to photographer Robert M. Peacock. Each dessert looks just as delicious as the next. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! I’m itching to make these decadent treats.
Throughout this cookbook, you'll find plenty of desserts cooked up deep in the heart of Texas. Explore four regions of Texas: East/Coastal, Central Texas, South, and North/West. You’ll find recipes that are perfect for virtually anyone. You don’t have to hail from the south to appreciate the spicy taste of Ancho-Choco Truffles or the creamy texture of Coconut Dream Pie.
Gee includes standard desserts, but they aren’t your ordinary pies, cakes, and cookies. There are churros, snow cones, puddings, and ice creams. She also lists unusual recipes such as Sauerkraut Cake, Deep-Fried Coke, and Spicy Chocolate-Pepita Cookies. Sweet On Texas conveys the culture of the south, which is what I love about this book. There’s nothing boring about it. Every sweet treat is exciting, new, and unique. Gee also lists her go-to spots in Texas where she satisfies her sweet tooth.
Put on your cowboy hat and gear up for a trip around Texas. This cookbook makes a wonderful addition to any collection. You’ll satisfy your sweet tooth. I guarantee it.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Want to feel like you are eating out at a Chinese restaurant? Sweet Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken will take you there. This… Continue reading: "Sweet Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chickenvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Creamy Meatball Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Simple Herb Stuffing
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham
- Lazy Hot Spiked Apple Cider
- Wendy’s Copycat Chili Recipe
- Lazy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
- Lazy Slow Cooker Bone-in Turkey Breast
- Asian Tacos With An Amazing Flavor
- Culver’s Copycat Chili Like George’s
- Easy Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook