KitchenAid 6-Quart Slow Cooker Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
I use slow cookers a lot--several times a week. I was very excited to be able to try out the KitchenAid® 6-Quart Slow Cooker with Easy Serve Lid and 4 Temperature Settings. It is unlike any of the other slow cookers that I currently own. It is sleek in its design and I love the look of it on my counter top! It is a large slow cooker--6 quarts and is oval shaped. I prefer oval shaped slow cookers to round because they can fit odd sizes of meats and they cook more evenly. Some other things that I really enjoyed about it were:
Rubber gasket: There is a rubber gasket on the bottom of the lid. This prevents the lid from slipping around and from rattling.
Warm, Low, Medium, High settings: This is the ONLY slow cooker I've seen that includes a Medium setting in addition to the High and Low settings. I love this feature! The reason? Sometimes I start my meal mid-morning and don't want to put it on high or low. So I end up putting it on high for an hour then switching to low. Now, I don't have to. I just put it on medium!
Timer with 30 minute increments: There is a countdown timer (you don't have to use if you don't want to) and you can set it in 30 minute increments. I love this because some slow cookers have timers but only have hour or 2 hour increments, which makes it tricky if you want to get your meal just right.
Serving lid: The lid is hinged on either side of the handle and allows for easy access and one-handed serving. I love this feature because it is perfect for serving and entertaining. You don't have to take the entire lid off if you don't want to. This allows for less heat loss.
Inside of the crock: The inside of the crock has a 2 quart line, a 4 quart line and a 6 quart line. This is something I haven't seen in another slow cooker. It's nice to know how full you have your slow cooker. The best results for cooking in the slow cooker occur when it's filled 1/2 to 3/4 full. Now you know exactly how full you have your cooker! Nice idea!
Overall, I am very please with the KitchenAid® 6-Quart Slow Cooker with Easy Serve Lid and 4 Temperature Settings. I would like to see this slow cooker offered in a few different sizes in the future!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Everything you love about the classic loaded baked potato takes soup form with this Slow Cooker Creamy Baked Potato Soup recipe. This… Continue reading: "Slow Cooker Creamy Baked Potato Soup"
- WMF ProfiResist Non-Stick Frying Pan Review
- Enter to Win a Vacu Vin Serve & Stack!
- Win a Trudeau Grater Set!
- Chance to Win a Paula Deen Garden Rooster Oval Platter!
- Chance to Win a Joseph Joseph Milly Salt and Pepper Mill Set!
- Win a PackIt Freezable Carry All Lunch Bag!
- KitchenAid 6-Quart Slow Cooker Review
- Enter to Win an Aroma Rice Cooker!
- Enter to Win a Wonderbag Non-Electric Slow Cooker!
- Win a Dexas Chop & Scoop Cutting Board!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham
- Lazy Hot Spiked Apple Cider
- Wendy’s Copycat Chili Recipe
- Lazy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
- Lazy Slow Cooker Bone-in Turkey Breast
- Asian Tacos With An Amazing Flavor
- Culver’s Copycat Chili Like George’s
- Easy Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- Tender Slow Cooker Pork Tacos
- Easy Thick And Chunky Beef Chilli
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook