KitchenAid 6-Quart Slow Cooker Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
I use slow cookers a lot--several times a week. I was very excited to be able to try out the KitchenAid® 6-Quart Slow Cooker with Easy Serve Lid and 4 Temperature Settings. It is unlike any of the other slow cookers that I currently own. It is sleek in its design and I love the look of it on my counter top! It is a large slow cooker--6 quarts and is oval shaped. I prefer oval shaped slow cookers to round because they can fit odd sizes of meats and they cook more evenly. Some other things that I really enjoyed about it were:
Rubber gasket: There is a rubber gasket on the bottom of the lid. This prevents the lid from slipping around and from rattling.
Warm, Low, Medium, High settings: This is the ONLY slow cooker I've seen that includes a Medium setting in addition to the High and Low settings. I love this feature! The reason? Sometimes I start my meal mid-morning and don't want to put it on high or low. So I end up putting it on high for an hour then switching to low. Now, I don't have to. I just put it on medium!
Timer with 30 minute increments: There is a countdown timer (you don't have to use if you don't want to) and you can set it in 30 minute increments. I love this because some slow cookers have timers but only have hour or 2 hour increments, which makes it tricky if you want to get your meal just right.
Serving lid: The lid is hinged on either side of the handle and allows for easy access and one-handed serving. I love this feature because it is perfect for serving and entertaining. You don't have to take the entire lid off if you don't want to. This allows for less heat loss.
Inside of the crock: The inside of the crock has a 2 quart line, a 4 quart line and a 6 quart line. This is something I haven't seen in another slow cooker. It's nice to know how full you have your slow cooker. The best results for cooking in the slow cooker occur when it's filled 1/2 to 3/4 full. Now you know exactly how full you have your cooker! Nice idea!
Overall, I am very please with the KitchenAid® 6-Quart Slow Cooker with Easy Serve Lid and 4 Temperature Settings. I would like to see this slow cooker offered in a few different sizes in the future!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- WMF ProfiResist Non-Stick Frying Pan Review
- Enter to Win Texas Pete Hot Sauce!
- Byron's BBQ Pulled Pork Review
- Mealthy MultiPot 9-in-1 MultiCooker
- Chance to Win a Kuhn Rikon Ratchet Grinder!
- Chance to Win a Farberware 4-Quart Buena Cocina Soup Pot!
- Cuisinart Elite Collection 4-Cup Chopper/Grinder Review
- Chance to Win an Emile Henry Soup Pot!
- Chance to Win a Taylor Slow Cooker Probe Thermometer!
- Chance to Win a VitaClay Smart Organic Multi-Cooker!
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook