- see all comments
"I can not make this because the ingredient list on "All day slow cooker swiss steak is different then the ingredient list that printed. Very disappointed! I even have an account and could not find the directions .I do not want the the recipe with onion."
"My husband loved it and said make it again. I didn't really like it because it was too sweet for me."
"Great on rice!"
Retro Tuna and Noodle Casserole in the Slow Cooker
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
There's nothing like an old fashioned dish when you're craving comfort food, and slow cooker casserole recipes like this recipe for Retro Tuna and Noodle Casserole in the Slow Cooker are a great dinner solution! This slow cooker casserole is made with pasta, tuna, cream of mushroom soup, Parmesan, peas, and chips for topping. This easy casserole recipe will remind you of the casseroles Mom and Grandma made.
Check out Stephanie's Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup Crock Pot Recipe if you choose to use homemade cream of mushroom soup for this tuna casserole recipe.
Slow Cooker Time LOW4 hr
- 1 pound dried pasta
- 1 (6-ounce) can of tuna
- 2 cups homemade cream of mushroom soup (If you'd like to use canned cream of something soup, measure it out and add enough milk to achieve 4 cups of liquid.)
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 cup frozen peas (to add later)
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla or potato chips (to add later, optional)
Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray.
Add the dry noodles into the crock, and mix in the soup, milk, cheese, and drained tuna.
Cover and cook on low for 2 to 4 hours.
Thirty minutes before serving time, stir in frozen peas, and make sure the crunchy pasta on top gets moved to the bottom of the crock. Top with chips, if desired.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Apr 24, 2023
Where can you find 6 oz cans of Tuna? Those in the grocery are 5 oz packed in water and with a "drained weight" of 4 oz. "Shrinkafication"?
Apr 25, 2023
Hi 4Graces, I suggest doubling the suggested tuna and using two 5-oz cans.
Apr 13, 2017
I am not a connoisseur of the tuna casserole. I have eaten it as a kid but I have never made it myself. Mostly because my husband tells me he can't stomach it. That being said, I sure wish I could try this out! We drink soy milk in this house and I see that there is soy milk in the recipe. I've never heard of soy milk being used. I would LOVE to have those potato chips added on top as well! My nephew is coming to visit this summer and I think I will make this for him.
Mar 26, 2017
I make a couple of different kinds of tuna casseroles, but they are both baked versions. I love the idea of making tuna casserole in my slow cooker. I never thought to make cream of mushroom soup, so this is even more interesting. I never top my casserole with chips, and this sounds like a good final touch. Can't wait to try it!
Feb 13, 2017
Homemade mushroom soup would make this old favorite of mine only better. Although, since I seem to be having a love affair with mushrooms these days, I would definitely have to add a ton of sliced mushrooms sauteed in garlic and butter for more depth in flavor. And, I'm pretty sure instead of chips I'd use Ritz crackers mixed with butter and Parmesan. Come to think of it, I bet a little cheddar would be nice in this as well.
Nov 18, 2016
I love the combination of tuna and pasta and this recipe does exactly that. Cooking it in the slow cooker and the option to add whatever type of cream of soup I choose can also be substituted makes it more delicious. This recipe will be good on a busy day when it can be cooking while you're running errands or working and then sit down to this tasty dish.
Oct 18, 2013
I would wait until the casserole is nearly cooked to add the cheese so that it does not get too stringy before the pasta is tender.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy
An easy and economical Beef Tips and Gravy recipe cooked in the slow cooker. Serve this easy beef recipe over rice or noodles for a… Continue reading: "Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy"
- The King of Casseroles: King Ranch Chicken
- Slow Cooker Beef and Tater Tot Casserole
- Slow Cooker Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- All Day Cheeseburger Casserole
- Retro Tuna and Noodle Casserole in the Slow Cooker
- Tasty Taco Tater Tot Casserole
- Cheesiest Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- Crunchy Chicken Noodle Comfort Casserole
- 5 Ingredient Chicken and Noodles
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Feta & Spinach Frittata
- Slow Cooker Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Beef Bulgogi
- Honey Bourbon Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Red Pepper Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Soup (dairy Free Recipe!)
- Slow Cooker Green Chili Chicken Bake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Spoon Brownies
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook