15 Slow Cooker Creamy, Smothered Comfort Food Recipes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Get ready to indulge with these 15 Slow Cooker Creamy, Smothered Comfort Food Recipes. From meats and gravy recipes, to smothered and creamy recipes, and even slow cooker recipes with beer, this is your guide to dinner decadence. Many of these recipes bring meat and gravy together in perfect harmony, and who can't get behind a rich meal like that? These dishes will not only satisfy your family's craving for a hearty meal, they will also take the classic flavors you're used to, to new heights.
If you enjoy rich and decadent meals that leave you full and happy, our smothered and creamy recipes will have you head over heels. Some of these dishes are southern comfort food classics, others are just creamy slow cooker recipes that will knock your socks off. With recipes like Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes and Slow Cooker Bacon Smothered Chicken (listed below), you really can't go wrong. These are recipes you can make any time of year, although because they're heartier, they work especially well during winter and fall when the weather starts to cool down.
Plus, if you haven't tried cooking with beer, here's your chance! Beer recipes for the slow cooker, or "drunken" slow cooker recipes, as we like to call them, are a great way to utilize the slow cooking method and highlight the hidden flavors within your favorite beers. The slow cooker recipes with beer that we've gathered for you allow you to marinate various meats in beer and other complementary flavors. These dishes are perfect foods for game days, and they're a great way to use up any leftover beer you might have accumulated over the holidays without actually drinking it.
We're as eager to share these recipes with you as you're going to be to try them, so let's get to it! Below, you'll find 15 Slow Cooker Creamy, Smothered Comfort Food Recipes that will curb your craving for rich and comforting meals all year round.
15 Slow Cooker Creamy, Smothered Comfort Food Recipes
Table of Contents
Need ideas for more slow cooker dinner recipes? Download a copy of our free eCookbook, "All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes."
Let's talk about slow cooker recipes with gravy -- Yum! We've collected 4 great meat and gravy slow cooker recipes that are sure to please your family time and time again. These recipes are perfect for weeknight dinners or special occasions. Rich and creamy gravy brings decadence to the dishes, while providing all the flavor you'd expect from meat and gravy slow cooker recipes. Whether you enjoy pot roast, steak, pork chops, or chicken, we've got something for everyone!
- Old Fashioned Slow Cooker Pot Roast and Gravy
- All Day Slow Cooker Swiss Steak
- 4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Golden Ranch Gravy
- Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
Southern comfort food classics have become classic for a reason -- it's hard to find anyone who doesn't love them! These slow cooker creamy comfort food recipes are so delicious, you will be everyone's favorite chef in no time. Our Slow Cooker Smothered Chicken with Mushroom Gravy (pictured) is a decadent favorite that incorporates cripsy bacon, tomato sauce and cream of mushroom soup for a creamy and flavorful sauce. If pork chops are more your thing, our Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes (listed below) will blow your mind.
- Slow Cooker Bacon Smothered Chicken
- Slow Cooker Smothered Chicken with Mushroom Gravy
- Mushroom Gravy Smothered Pork Chops
- Chicken in Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice
- Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes
Comfort food comes in all shapes and sizes. How about some in the form of boneless chicken? Our "15 Easy Boneless Chicken Recipes for the Slow Cooker" will guide you through delicious recipes you won't be able to resist.
Slow cooker beef and beer recipes are very popular amongst the game-day crowd, but these delicious recipes can be enjoyed no matter what the occasion. Cooking with beer makes for a great way to combine some of your favorite things -- meat and beer. Drunken slow cooker recipes provide a wonderful way to add flavor and depth to any meat dish, and we've collected 5 of our favorite slow cooker beer recipes for your convenience. If you need something to warm your bones that is completely craveable, find a feast in our Beef, Beer and Barley Stew Bread Bowls (shown left).
- Beer Braised Pork Roast
- Slow Cooker Beer Brats
- Peppered Beef Brisket in Beer
- Mexican Style Slow Cooker Beer Chicken
- Beef, Beer and Barley Stew Bread Bowls
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
- Family and Friends Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Legs
- Slow Cooker Chicken And Gravy
- Slow Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- Savory Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- Slow Cooker Wild Rice Stuffed Cornish Game Hen
- Bacon Wrapped Cornish Game Hens
- 17 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes for Two
- Rosemary Leg of Lamb
- Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Baked Smothered Pork Chops Recipe
- Rich And Hearty Beef And Ale Stew
- Creamy Meatball Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Simple Herb Stuffing
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham
- Lazy Hot Spiked Apple Cider
- Wendy’s Copycat Chili Recipe
- Lazy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook