Teriyaki Chicken, Egg Fried Rice With Vegetables
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"Teriyaki chicken is definitely one of our family’s favourite dish. We make it with alternating between rice, egg fried rice, cauliflower couscous for a lighter version, with pasta or with noodles and always accompanied by some really nice vegetables like these ones perfectly flavoured with ginger and garlic. Heavenly! This pretty simple chicken dish is definitely one of the dishes we would always go for as a takeaway or when we go to a restaurant but this version goes beyond the takeaway version both taste and healthiness. It is super easy to make at the comfort of your own home which means you can have it as many times as you wish with whatever sides or vegetables you may fancy."
NotesMAKE THE PERFECT EGG FRIED RICE
It doesn’t take long, it is not a difficult task either to make a perfect egg fried rice. It involves cooking the rice, scrambling some eggs into a pan with a little coconut oil, add the cooked rice, the peas and toss. It is as simple as this.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH TERIYAKI CHICKEN?
For us it is always a winner served with rice and vegetables prepared this way. Any stir fry style will be suitable and go well with this teriyaki chicken. Keep it healthy, it is the best.
Can I replace the fresh garlic with garlic powder? well, yes but please don’t!
Please always use fresh garlic – the flavours are just not worth replacing with powder or garlic salt. Please use fresh ginger if you want this recipe to taste as amazing as it should (just as I would like it to taste)
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time25 min
- For the teriyaki chicken: 4 med chicken breasts approximately 500 g meat cubed
- 4 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or tamarind
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic freshly grated
- 1/3 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- For the rice: 1.5 cup jasmine Thai rice any basmati will be great too
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup peas fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- For the vegetables: 1 small broccoli made into florets
- 3 small carrots shaved with a peeler or cut julienne
- 2 med red onions roughly chopped.
- 300 grams spring greens I used collard greens here ( remove the very thick stems)
- 1 tablespoon ginger freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pinch salt sea salt or pink Himalayan
- 1 pinch black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds to sprinkle over
Preparation: Start by cutting the chicken breasts into cubes/chunks that are no bigger than 1 inch/2 cm. Put this into a bowl and add all the other ingredients. The 2 cloves of grated garlic, 2 tsp grated ginger, 4 tbsp teriyaki sauce, 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce, 1 tbsp Worcester sauce, 2 tbsp lemon juice or 1 of tamarind and the 1/3 tsp black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
Rinse the rice thoroughly by running plenty of water through it. Allow it to rest for a few minutes while you prepare the veggies.
I always cook simultaneously so preparation is crucial especially with a dish like this. While the chicken marinades, and the rice rests, I am preparing the veggies. Wash, peel and chop, cut, shave whatever they need doing. Place all on a big plate or chopping board.
Cooking: Place a medium-sized pan on fire, add the rice and the water. Cook (covered with a lid) on medium fire until the rice starts to boil then turn the fire on low and cook for approximately 10 min. When it's ready, turn the heat off and set aside.
While the rice is cooking, place one or two pans on medium fire. Just deal with one if parallel cooking isn't your thing.
Place a deep pan on medium fire, add the 1 tbsp coconut oil, the chopped red onions cook for 2 minutes tossing them from time to time. Add the ginger and the garlic, followed by the carrots cook for one minute, stirring a couple of times. Bring in the chopped greens and the broccoli florets. Cook on high fire for 5-6 minutes tossing every 30 seconds. Season with a pinch of salt and some black pepper. When ready, cover and set aside for a little later when serving.
Simultaneously, place another pan on med fire, add 1 tbsp coconut oil, add the marinated chicken breast and cook for 7-8 minutes stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat when ready.
Cook the egg fried rice by placing a pan on medium/high fire, add 1 tbsp coconut oil and when hot add the eggs. Scumble the eggs and when cooked, add the rice and the peas. Mix or toss around to make sure it gets nice and hot. Take out on the serving plates directly. Add the meat and the vegetables to the serving plates, sprinkle some sesame seeds and serve. Enjoy
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
If you're looking to take you winter dinner recipes to the next level, try this easy recipe for Slow Cooker Shepherd's Pie Chili. It's… Continue reading: "Slow Cooker Shepherd's Pie Chili"
- Savory Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- Rosemary Leg of Lamb
- Slow Cooker Ginger Marmalade Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes Free eCookbook
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Parmesan
- Sausage Steam Pot with Potatoes and Cabbage
- Cheesy Ravioli with Homemade Meat Sauce
- Bacon Wrapped Cornish Game Hens
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Alfredo Chicken
- Easy Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
- Healthy Potato Salad
- Teriyaki Chicken, Egg Fried Rice With Vegetables
- Vegan Slow Cooker Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Barbeque Pork
- Slow Cooker Cajun Red Beans And Rice
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook