Sixty-Three Percent of Surveyed Slow Cooker Fans Use Their Slow Cookers All Year Long
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 05, 2013 – Northbrook, IL – In a recent survey conducted by AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com, we found that 63.7 percent of readers surveyed said they use their slow cooker all year long, not just during one particular season. Thirty-four percent said they used their slow cookers most during the winter, and about 20 percent said they use their slow cookers most during the fall season. The survey was taken by subscribers of The Slow Cooker Chronicle and was conducted for two weeks.
The survey included questions on how readers engage with our newsletters, and also asked readers about their slow cooking habits. As we head into November, it was interesting to find that of all the major holidays, our readers use their slow cookers most for Thanksgiving, with Christmas coming in a close second. Throughout the year, 12 percent of those surveyed use their slow cookers three to four times a week, and 21 percent use their slow cookers twice a week. It should be no surprise that over 57 percent of those surveyed consider themselves to be intermediate-level cooks!
When we asked readers which ingredient, from a list of 13, was their favorite to incorporate in their cooking, 89 percent of those surveyed chose chicken. That said, when we asked readers what was the quirkiest way they’ve ever cooked with their slow cookers, they had some wild slow cooker uses, including using their slow cookers to make tie dye, soap, to melt wax for candles, to thaw auto parts, to prepare dog food, to germinate plant seeds, to make cold medicine, to heat stones for a back massage, and more! Some respondents erred more on the side of traditional. One respondent noted, “I found baking a cake in the crock pot so foreign, until I did it and now I barely use my oven for such things as cakes.”
You’ll find many slow cooker “baking” ideas on AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes, along with hundreds of other easy cooking ideas. We advise you to wash your slow cooker or keep a separate one in the house if you’re going to try cooking up inedible items, such as auto parts in your crock!
At AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com, we encourage you to get as creative as you can when using your slow cooker. We’re here to help you cook up delicious creations. We want to thank all of those folks who participated in our survey. We will use the results from this survey to improve our Web site and newsletter, The Slow Cooker Chronicle. We always welcome your feedback.
Blair Chavis, Editor
# # #
About AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com and Prime Publishing LLC:
AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com is a cooking and recipe website dedicated to the best slow cooker recipes and ideas on how to make the most of your slow cooker. We also publish The Slow Cooker Chronicle, a free e-mail newsletter, publish eCookbooks, and create food and recipe related product promotions, contests and giveaways.
Prime Publishing LLC was established in 1995 as a traditional niche book publishing company. Today, we are an Internet Media Company that operates web site communities and e-mail newsletters in niche areas such as crafting and cooking.
Restaurant-Style Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
Creamed Corn and Ham Casserole
OMG BBQ Ribs
Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Dried Cherries, Leeks, and Olives
Slow Cooker Alfredo Chicken Lasagna
Slow Cooker Chicken in Vodka Sauce
Slow Cooker Sweet Carolina Pulled Pork Sliders
Pork Enchilada Bowls
Simple Slow Cooker Ravioli
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- 10 Slow Cooker Chinese Chicken Recipes
- Cook n' Co 6-PC Bamboo Utensil Set
- 10 Ultimate Video Game Snacks
- Dexas 4-Piece Grippmat Cutting Mat Set
- Slow Cooker Beer Braised Beef Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese
- Reuben Dip
- Taylor Pro Ultra-Thin Digital Thermometer
- 22 Easy Sunday Chicken Dinners
- Southern Style Instant Pot Pork Chops
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook