Brandie Skibinski - Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Brandie Skibinski grew up as a Navy brat ("that’s what they call us military kids") in Norfolk, Virginia. Eventually, she married a Navy man. Her husband is out of the military now and they live in beautiful Southwest Virginia, near the Appalachian mountains.
Brandie is a momma that also works outside the home, so she said she understands the daily challenges of balancing home life and work--as well as all the day-to-day tasks (like finding time to get to the grocery store and putting a good meal on the table quickly!).
When she was a kid, Brandie said she loved to put together food.
"I can remember the first thing I ever learned to cook properly was a fried egg," Brandie said. "Then, I moved up to crepes filled with grape jelly and sprinkled with powdered sugar. I was 12 and apparently I thought that was very gourmet. What can I say, my mom indulged me."
Brandie describes her style of cooking as everyday family meals--meals that don’t take a whole day to prepare that she said she still feels good about serving to her family.
"For me, it isn’t just about the meal," Brandie said. "It’s about taking time out of our busy days to spend 30 minutes at the dinner table and reconnecting."
Brandie said she started her blog, The Country Cook, because she wanted to keep track of her recipes and her family’s recipes for future generations.
"It was a way for me to not just share a list of ingredients and directions, but to share the story behind those recipes," Brandie said. "We all have family traditions and family recipes. No matter how humble or how simple the ingredients and recipes may be, they are ours and we owe it to our kids to pass on that legacy.
Brandie's Recipes on AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes:
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Meghan Early Swint - Food Blogger
- Heather R. - Food Blogger
- Stephanie O'Dea - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Karen Petersen - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Ginger Jones - Food Blogger
- Six Sisters - Food Bloggers
- Hope Comerford - Food Blogger
- Brandie Skibinski - Food Blogger
- Tess Gardner - Food Blogger
- Angela Barrett - Food Blogger
- 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes eCookbook
- 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook
- 16 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix Free eCookbook
- 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker eCookbook
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker eCookbook
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipes - Free eCookbook!
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast eCookbook
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- 5-Ingredient Jiffy Cake Cornbread
- Slow Cooker Blueberry Coconut Cobbler
- Country-Style Slow Cooker Pork Ribs
- Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Pulled Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Quesadillas
- Texas Pete Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes
- Texas Pete Hot Sauce and Cha! Sauce Review
- 17 Easy Pizza Recipes You Can Make in the Slow Cooker
- Texas Pete
- Homemade Soup: 10 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes for Soup Free eCookbook