Brandie Skibinski - Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Brandie Skibinski grew up as a Navy brat ("that’s what they call us military kids") in Norfolk, Virginia. Eventually, she married a Navy man. Her husband is out of the military now and they live in beautiful Southwest Virginia, near the Appalachian mountains.
Brandie is a momma that also works outside the home, so she said she understands the daily challenges of balancing home life and work--as well as all the day-to-day tasks (like finding time to get to the grocery store and putting a good meal on the table quickly!).
When she was a kid, Brandie said she loved to put together food.
"I can remember the first thing I ever learned to cook properly was a fried egg," Brandie said. "Then, I moved up to crepes filled with grape jelly and sprinkled with powdered sugar. I was 12 and apparently I thought that was very gourmet. What can I say, my mom indulged me."
Brandie describes her style of cooking as everyday family meals--meals that don’t take a whole day to prepare that she said she still feels good about serving to her family.
"For me, it isn’t just about the meal," Brandie said. "It’s about taking time out of our busy days to spend 30 minutes at the dinner table and reconnecting."
Brandie said she started her blog, The Country Cook, because she wanted to keep track of her recipes and her family’s recipes for future generations.
"It was a way for me to not just share a list of ingredients and directions, but to share the story behind those recipes," Brandie said. "We all have family traditions and family recipes. No matter how humble or how simple the ingredients and recipes may be, they are ours and we owe it to our kids to pass on that legacy.
Brandie's Recipes on AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes:
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Erin Schmit - Food Blogger
- Karen Petersen - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Stephanie O'Dea - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Tess Gardner - Food Blogger
- Meghan Early Swint - Food Blogger
- Six Sisters - Food Bloggers
- Brandie Skibinski - Food Blogger
- Hope Comerford - Food Blogger
- Cassie Johnston - Food Blogger
- Kathy Hester - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes eCookbook
- 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook
- 16 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix Free eCookbook
- 18 Holiday Slow Cooker Meals and Ideas eCookbook
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Free eCookbook
- 19 Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas eCookbook
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Merry Christmas Breakfast: 16 Slow Cooker Christmas Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Fall Favorites: 21 Fall Slow Cooker Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sliders
- 23 Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes
- Elegant and Easy Old Fashioned Slow Cooker Apple Cider
- Our Version of Slow Cooker Party Meatballs
- Prohibition Pork Stew
- Italian Family's Secret Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
- Slow Cooker Italian-Style Pulled Pork
- Prohibition Spice Co.
- Prohibition Spice Co. Slow Cooker Spices Prize Pack Review
- 10 Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Wings Recipes