Slow Cooker Double Dinners For Two Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Award-winning author, Cynthia Graubart shows home cooks how to make the most of their food budget by using a slow cooker in her cookbook, Slow Cooker Double Dinners for Two. These days, life moves faster than ever, but thanks to slow cookers, home cooks can still achieve great tasting food with very little effort. Slow cookers tend to be large enough to prepare food for multiple people, and if it's only you, or you and your partner, you may stray away from this method as a means of not wasting food. That's where Graubart's book come in very handy -- she's devised the genius concept of "double dinners." By using two slow cooker liner bags in a 3.5- to 4-quart slow cooker, she show us how to cook two different meals at once. This concept is perfect for someone who wants to prepare something for dinner, while preparing something to eat the next day, at the same time. It will also put an end to any dinnertime arguments between you and your spouse. You can have one dish, while your spouse enjoys an entirely different one. And, they'll be ready at the same time. Everybody wins.
The hardcover cookbook, which retails for $19.99, will save you time and energy by doing two things at once. This method makes it super easy to take the meals you've cooked, and freeze or refrigerate them to last you all week long. Simply defrost them using your slow cooker or microwave, and you're ready to go! All of the recipes included in Graubart's cookbook are extremely easy, and don't require any additional steps, like browning meats ahead of time. Additionally, they don't require any supplemental appliances or cookware, such as a stovetop or blender. These are just straightforward recipes that allow home cooks of all skill levels the opportunity to make delicious slow cooker meals. Many of which, stem from the same animal-product base -- such as pork -- but taste completely different when they're done.
Cynthia Graubart is a James Beard Award-winning writer who is passionate about bringing people together over food. She has a column in Southern Living Magazine called, "New Sunday Supper," where she shares advice about how to gain confidence in the kitchen and one's abilities as a home cook. She travels often to teach cooking classes to people who want to create easy meals with fresh ingredients, and has authored and co-authored several other cookbooks in recent years. Namely, the 2013 James Beard Award-winning cookbook, Mastering the Art of Southern Cooking, Slow Cooking for Two: Basics, Techniques and Recipes, Slow Southern Biscuits, and her very first cookbook, The One-Armed Cook: Quick and Easy Recipes, Smart Meal Plans, and Savvy Advice for New (and not-so-new) Moms. She will release a brand new cookbook in 2015 titled, Southern Vegetables.
If you want to get the biggest bang for your buck for dinner and beyond, your slow cooker and easy recipes from Slow Cooker Double Dinners for Two will help you master the art of delicious, budget-friendly cooking.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
All Day Cheeseburger Casserole is a tasty cheeseburger macaroni casserole recipe packed with hearty ingredients, including elbow… Continue reading: "All Day Cheeseburger Casserole"
- Enter to Win The Magical Slow Cooker Cookbook and Crock-Pot!
- Slow Cooker Recipes 10 Ingredients or Less and Gluten-Free Cookbook Review
- 365 Days of Slow Cooking Cookbook Review
- The Professional Chef, Ninth Edition Review
- The Crockin' Girls Slow Cookin' Companion Cookbook Review
- One-Pot Wonders Cookbook Review
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook