Darn Good Yarn
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Nicole (Mikkelsen) Snow graduated from Clarkson University in 2004 with a degree in business and technology management. When she started college in 2000, she never would have guessed that she would be running a successful Internet yarn distribution business and helping the global economy four years later.
In college, Nicole was a member of the Air Force ROTC and planned to enter active duty as a pilot; a few business and political science courses shifted her thinking. After graduating, Nicole did enter active duty but took an opportunity to leave the military early. With her husband, Michael, a systems engineer at a Fortune 500 whose career keeps them moving all over the country, Nicole needed a career that could be as mobile. That is when she decided to build a company on her own values and principles and took the leap into small business ownership with the creation of Darn Good Yarn.
Nicole took some time with her mission and vision for her company. She knew she not only wanted to help the environment but help people as well.
Her business decisions are based on these principles — all of her yarn is made from recycled and Earth friendly materials and much of it is created from the colorful remnants of the production of silk saris in Nepal and Northern India. These materials are handspun and dyed by women’s groups in Nepal. Darn Good Yarn provides these women with a marketplace for the products, as well as much needed wages for their families.
“You really want to do something you love when you are running your own business,” said Nicole. Taking time to think through your reasons for being in business will help drive your success and ease decision making and Nicole is finding this out first hand! To purchase some Darn Good Yarn or learn more about Nicole, visit www.darngoodyarn.com.
Our goal is to provide you with great customer service and help you explore new yarns. The possibilities, your creativity, and Darn Good Yarn.
Do you need yarn for resale or are you an artist? Please fill out our simple form to gain access to our wholesale section where you can order directly online.
Darn Good Yarn prides itself on providing you with fairly traded and child labor free yarns. Falling back on her experience with Around the Om Nicole takes that mission seriously. As DGY continues to grow so will our yarn selections, which we promise will be earth friendly, fair trade, child labor free, unique and fun to craft with!
Darn Good Yarn Reviews on AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com:
Read NextJK Adams
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
This recipe for Four Ingredient Chicken and Gravy is so unbelievably simple. Besides having only four ingredients, it only has four… Continue reading: "Four Ingredient Chicken and Gravy"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Delicious Egg Chicken Roll Recipe
- The Best Easy Taco Soup Recipe
- Green Chile Chicken In Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- Chicken Slow Cooker Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Orange Cranberry Turkey Breast
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook