We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
The makers of Ginsu date back 90 years as the manufacturer of the “Sharpest Knives on the Market”.Originally branded by direct-response pioneers Ed Valenti and Bary Becher, the “amazing” Ginsu knife became known to millions of television viewers in the USA through our iconic television advertisements in the 1970s. The first Ginsu commercials began with a dramatic voice over and touted it could “cut through a nail, a tin can, and a radiator hose and still cut a tomato paper thin,” touting the knives’ ability to stay razor sharp even after having been put to the test. Asked “How much would you pay? Don’t answer!”, viewers were urged to “Call now! Operators are standing by!” and included the signature line “But wait! There's more!”. In the process they established the formula for the modern infomercial and led to being called “the pitch of all pitches” by Syracuse University. The style of the ads included many elements of the modern infomercial and has been heralded and heckled by the likes of David Letterman, Gallagher, Johnny Carson and Dan Akroyd. The Ginsu knives became so successful that it is still one of the most well-known and well-loved consumer products in history.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage Cheesy Potatoes
- Peugeot Black Fidji Salt & Pepper Mill Set
- Classic Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Slow Cooker Greek Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans
- Raising Bread in Your Slow Cooker
- Ultimate Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken
- Broth vs. Stock: What's the Difference?
- 16 Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Appetizers
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook