17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- see all comments
"I can not make this because the ingredient list on "All day slow cooker swiss steak is different then the ingredient list that printed. Very disappointed! I even have an account and could not find the directions .I do not want the the recipe with onion."
"My husband loved it and said make it again. I didn't really like it because it was too sweet for me."
"Great on rice!"
Aroma Rice Cooker Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Aroma Rice Cooker Review
Gifted by: Aroma Housewares
Reviewed by Arielle Matlin, Editor, AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com
The Aroma Rice Cooker is a multifunctional appliance that is shockingly easy to use. This rice cooker doubles as a steamer and even a slow cooker, too! The machine is capable of producing up to 20 cups of rice at a time. The machine even has a handy keep warm function included so dinner is always ready at the same time.
The rice cooker function requires just the press of a button. All you need to do is place the rice and water in the machine, close, and choose between the white rice or brown rice options. The machine does all the time calculations for you based on how much rice is in the machine. They include a helpful chart to tell you how much rice the dry rice will yield and how long it will take to cook. I loved that you could cook as little as 4 cups of rice, and up to 20 cups of rice. The rice comes out literally perfect, every time.
I also loved using the delay start function. This way you could ensure your rice would be done at the same time as your meal, something I often have trouble doing on my own. This really helped with meal planning.
The slow cooker functions similar to a standard slow cooker that you are used to operating. Once the time you set is up, the machine switches to the keep warm function. This is great if you set the slow cooker to be ready for after work, but you are running late. The only thing I wish it had is a low heat and high heat setting. In addition to the slow cooker function, the machine works great when steaming vegetables. A steamer basket is included and it fits right inside the top of the machine. You just need to fill the rice cooker with water and use the steam button. What is even better is that you can steam veggies and cook rice all at the same time! This made preparing a full meal so easy; I just had to add some cooked chicken for a complete meal.
The machine comes with some great recipe ideas to get you started and clean up is easy, as you can just remove and clean the insert pot. This is a great machine to give to a departing college student or first-time homeowner. The machine can easily be used in a dormitory setting or small kitchen.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Mar 05, 2015
I loved that this rice cooker beeped when it was done cooking! I knew just when to go running into the kitchen with a spoon in hand.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
"Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork is sweet and spicy with brown sugar, maraschino cherries and candied jalapenos. Perfect for… Continue reading: "Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork"
- Crock Pot Caddy and Caddy Lid Lock Review
- Byron's BBQ Pulled Pork Review
- Chance to Win a Kuhn Rikon Ratchet Grinder!
- Enter to Win an Instant Pot Multicooker!
- Win a Dreamfarm Smood Potato Masher!
- Fly Creek Cider Mill and Orchard Pride of New York Gift Basket Review
- Enter to Win a Trio of Julie's Sassy Dip Mixes!
- Daily Chef Casa Di Bertacchi Meatballs Review
- Lid Pocket Review
- Chance to Win a FASTTRACK Handheld Knife Sharpener!
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Beef Bulgogi
- Honey Bourbon Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Red Pepper Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Soup (dairy Free Recipe!)
- Slow Cooker Green Chili Chicken Bake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Spoon Brownies
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
- Slow Cooker Rice Krispie
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook