- see all comments
"My husband loved it and said make it again. I didn't really like it because it was too sweet for me."
"Great on rice!"
"My reaction found I didn't like olives."
Lazy Hawaiian Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
When your busy life has got you down and you don't feel like making dinner, try this Hawaiian chicken recipe that will make you feel like you have been transported to an island vacation! Lazy Hawaiian Chicken has great tropical flavor but requires minimal effort. Chicken is placed in a slow cooker and then topped with a sauce made from easy-to-find ingredients. Canned oranges and pineapples top off this slow cooker Hawaiian chicken dish that cooks in only five hours in your slow cooker. You will be amazed at the tropical feeling and wonderful flavors you will experience with every bite of this dish.
Preparation Time15 min
Slow Cooker Time LOW4 hr
Looking for more flavorful slow cooker chicken recipes? Check out our recipe for Slow Cooker Paradise Chicken!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Jul 24, 2017
OOOH! This one is a keeper. I just LOVE the addition of the mandarin oranges along with the usual pineapple chunks. This I have never seen before. I think that is what makes the recipe a "tropical" Hawaiian chicken recipe. Everybody's got brown sugar, honey, soy sauce in their kitchen. I can't wait to try this and soon!
Jul 22, 2017
I am going to try this recipe only because my family eats a lot of chicken and i am always looking for new recipes. I will alter the recipe only because I don't like a lot of liquid when cooking chicken in the crockpot. Also, i will add some spices so the chicken has some favor. Unfavored chicken from the crockpot is just not good.
Apr 30, 2017
This is a good looking recipe. I used to make sweet and sour pork and chicken when I owned a wok, but I eventually got rid of it and ended up ordering Chinese food instead of cooking it. This looks like such an easy way to make Chinese food, and I always like the way chicken turns out in the slow cooker. I might still order won ton soup, though!
Oct 27, 2016
This dish looks really tasty. I make something similar in the oven using pineapple and red peppers in place of the mandarin oranges. I also add coarsely chopped onions to the recipe. I have made this recipe using pork chops and it has turned out equally well.
geminisandra 50231 83
Jul 23, 2015
I made this last night and was really bad, no flavor really, had to scrape it all out , it sounds really good but ewwwwww
Jan 13, 2015
Sounds great but we are a family of two. Don't know how to change the recipe. Can you help?
Nov 20, 2014
What can be substituted for brown sugar?
Nana Mary 2
Sep 15, 2013
I made this tonight, but no one liked it. There is no real flavor and it is very bland in flavor and visually. I so wanted to try this when I read it, but was disapointed when I started to eat it. I went back to check the recipe to see if I forgot something, but I followed it exactly as written. Maybe if coconut was sprinkled on it at serving time, it would add to the Hawaiian taste. Sorry to say, I won't be making this again.
trlovesJesus 32465 35
Feb 06, 2014
Haven't made this yet, but I am going to try it. I suggest that the chicken breasts are seasoned with salt and pepper and maybe a bit of granulated garlic (just a little to season the chicken not the entire dish). I'll let you all know how it turns out.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Sausage Steam Pot with Potatoes and Cabbage
This recipe for a Sausage Steam Pot with Potatoes and Cabbage is one of those recipes that remind us why cabbage is awesome! This… Continue reading: "Sausage Steam Pot with Potatoes and Cabbage"
- Restaurant-Style Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Lazy Chicken Alfredo
- Delightfully Easy Slow Cooker General Tso's Chicken
- Creamy Cheesy Chicken Gloria
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken
- Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken
- Knock Your Socks Off Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage
- 1950s Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- Our Best Chicken Goulash (in a Slow Cooker)
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Au Gratin Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Leg Of Lamb
- Cheesecake Factory Meatloaf Recipe
- Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Soup
- Slow Cooker Guinness Irish Beef Stew
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake
- Slow Cooker London Broil
- Slow Cooker Sirloin Tip Roast
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook