Slow Cooker Multigrain Artisan Bread Recipe
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
There isn't much that beats the smell and taste of fresh baked bread, and we've got a recipe that will help you get that traditional treat easier than ever before. You'll love this Slow Cooker Mulitgrain Artisan Bread Recipe because it won't heat up your home or take up oven space. Great for toast, sandwiches, or eating plain, this delicious slow cooker bread is one you'll want to make often.
Preparation Time20 min
Chilling Time12 hr
Slow Cooker Time HIGH2 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
Cooking Vessel Size6-quart slow cooker
- 1 packet dry active yeast
- 1 1/2 cup warm water- about 100F
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup wheat flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon corn meal
- 1/4 cup regular oats
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup of your choice of the following - flax seeds, hulled sunflower seeds, millet, chopped hulled pumpkin seeds
Dissolve yeast in c. of warm water. Add tsp. of the brown sugar to help feed the yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl - flours, salt, corn meal, and other grains and seeds.
In a warm stand-mixer bowl, pour the balance of the water, the melted butter, and the brown sugar. Stir until brown sugar is dissolved and then add yeast/water mixture.
Using the dough hook on the stand mixer, on lowest setting, start to add dry ingredients one cup at a time, stopping the mixer and scraping down the sides of the bowl. Once the dry ingredients are incorporated, put the mixer on #2 speed and let it mix for 5 minutes or until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
Put the dough in a greased bowl and cover with a damp towel. Set on the counter in an area free of drafts and drastic temp changes. Leave the dough to rise overnight or for at least 10-12 hours.
Punch down and turn out onto a floured surface. Knead the bread for 2 minutes.
Grease the slow cooker liner. Place the parchment paper cut out in the bottom of the liner and sprinkle the tsp. corn meal all over the parchment paper. Place the bread dough in the slow cooker. It will rise as the slow cooker heats up. Turn crock pot to HIGH (approx. 200F) .
Cover the inside of the slow cooker lid with aluminum foil, shiny side toward the bread dough crimping edges to secure to lid.
Let cook for 2 hours and then test by inserting a kitchen thermometer into the center of the loaf. If the internal temp is 190 - 200F, the bread is done. It will also have a hollow sound when tapped. If not done, continue cooking checking internal temp at hour intervals.
Remove from slow cooker when done and let cool on rack. Cut with serrated knife when serving.
Read NextSlow Cooker Loaded Potatoes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Try a new spin on slow cooker meatballs with this slow cooker meatball recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan "Meatballs." Made with… Continue reading: "Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan "Meatballs""
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook