Chick-fil-A Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe (in a Slow Cooker)
Make your favorite fast food takeout with this recipe for Chick-fil-A Chicken Tortilla Soup. This dish is delicious and tastes just like the real thing, if not better! Chicken, beans, tomatoes, and corn make up the bulk of this slow cooker tortilla soup. Various southwest-inspired spices add a nice flavor that complements the beans and corn. You can top off this restaurant-quality soup with sour cream and shredded cheese. What could be better?
Preparation Time10 min
Slow Cooker Time HIGH3 hr
Slow Cooker Time LOW4 hr
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (10-ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 can chipotle in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bones & shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- juice from 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- tortilla strips, chopped cilantro and avocado for garnish (optional)
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
Pour into slow cooker.
Add the broth, tomatoes, chili powder, chipotle, salt and pepper, chicken, beans, corn and lime juice. Cook on high for 2-4 hours or low for 4-8 hours.
Ladle into bowls. Garnish with lime juice, cilantro, and avocado. Serve with tortilla chips.