175 Essential Slow Cooker Classics Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
If you are a slow cooker fan, then the 175 Essential Slow Cooker Classics Cookbook is a must-have on your bookshelf. The cookbook has a great introduction to slow cooking for those who are not seasoned veterans. It includes recipes ranging from appetizers and soups, to side dishes and even dessert.
I loved the introduction to this cookbook. Even if you are already a slow cooker expert, there are plenty of new tips and tricks to learn. She gives advice on the best way to use meat and vegetables, as well as how to prep these ingredients ahead of time.
The recipes in the cookbook are broken down into useful chapters. She begins with the appetizers, starters, and soups, and follows with each type of meat. There are also plenty of vegetarian options included in the book. They are all marked as vegetarian-friendly which I found very helpful. The cookbook finishes with side dishes and then dessert recipes.
Each of the recipes in the cookbook have an introduction explaining the dish and how many people it serves. She also includes a tip on how each recipe can be made-ahead which I thought was a great addition to each recipe. There is a caption below the recipe ingredients that tells you how big of a slow cooker is needed.
Some of my favorite recipes in the book were the desserts. Recipes like Buttermilk Lemon Sponge Cake and Gingersnap Crusted Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake look beautiful and taste delicious. Another favorite was the Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Lasagna which is a great fall recipe.
This collection of slow cooker recipes is great to keep on your cookbook shelf. There are plenty of weeknight dinner recipes, as well as meals to make for company. I recommend this for all the slow cooker fans out there.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Here's an easy slow cooker sloppy joes recipe that is perfect for any weeknight meal. This So Easy Sloppy Joes with Homemade Sauce… Continue reading: "So Easy Sloppy Joes with Homemade Sauce"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Instant Pot Syracuse Salt Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken
- Delicious Instant Pot Meatballs Recipe
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Tenderloin
- Beef Barbacoa
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork With Apricot Preserves
- Easy Leftover Chicken Enchiladas
- Easy Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- The Best Spaghetti Chili Recipe
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook