More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"Stephanie O'Dea's cookbook, More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow, is the ultimate compendium of slow cooker recipes for any busy family. An extension of her former slow cooker cookbook, this collection features recipes that allow readers to cook for a group on a dime with minimal effort. Uniquely organized by the cost of the dish, which never exceeds $15, this cookbook ensures that anyone can make and enjoy delicious, professional dishes that require very little effort.
More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow has something for everyone, regardless of taste preferences or dietary restrictions. Inside, readers will find everything from homestyle classics like Red Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic and Poor Man's Chili to more unusual flavors like Pear and Ginger Pork Chops and Ethiopian Chicken Stew. In particular, I found each chapter on desserts to be positively mouthwatering, featuring such culinary gems as Raspberry Fondue and Holiday Pears that are perfect for parties and family get-togethers.
Anyone who has a slow cooker will love the ideas in O'Dea's incredible cookbook. This collection is the ideal tool for planning simple and inexpensive fare for parties, family meals, and holiday celebrations."
"Stephanie O’Dea is truly a force to be reckoned with in the slow cooker world and her latest cookbook, More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow, deserves a spot in the slow cooking hall of fame. Boasting over 200 recipes, all of them gluten-free, you could probably spend hours paging through the various recipes, struggling to choose which one to make first. This book gets right down to the nitty-gritty, filling its pages with plenty of recipes without unnecessary color pictures which would have jacked up the price of the book. She does, however, include a helpful recipe review at the end of many of the book’s recipes, allowing you to get a personal take on each one, as though recommended by a close friend. These are slow-cooker recipes made with the budget-savvy busybody in mind – the perfect addition to any cookbook collection."
"I'm not much of a slow cooking aficionado, so I approached More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes by Stephanie O'Dea with a bit of trepidation. My fears turned out to be completely baseless, as this cookbook is one of the most approachable cooking texts I have purveyed. The main focus of this cookbook is on cost, as each main section is centered around the cost of the meal. The selection of dishes here is vast, and will surely go far beyond what you would expect from the humble slow cooker. If you own a slow cooker and are in any way conscious of your monthly food budget, then cookbook is a must-own for you."
“Stephanie O'Dea is the queen of the slow cooking world, and her book is yet more evidence of her slow cooking magic. The foodie world turns to O'Dea for creative and unexpected ways to use to a slow cooker, and her cookbook, More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow, surely does not disappoint. All can enjoy and appreciate her slow cooking Bible complete with price points if you're cooking on a budget!”
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- The Professional Chef, Ninth Edition Review
- Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook Review
- Betty Crocker The Big Book of Cookies Review
- The Crockin' Girls Slow Cookin' Companion Cookbook Review
- Waffles Cookbook Review
- Sweet On Texas Cookbook Review
- The Best Craft Cocktails & Bartending with Flair Cookbook Review
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook