- see all comments
"I can not make this because the ingredient list on "All day slow cooker swiss steak is different then the ingredient list that printed. Very disappointed! I even have an account and could not find the directions .I do not want the the recipe with onion."
"My husband loved it and said make it again. I didn't really like it because it was too sweet for me."
"Great on rice!"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
This Breakfast Bake is a delicious combination of hash browns, cheese, eggs and ham. If you love those savory breakfast flavors, you will appreciate this easy slow cooker breakfast recipe. This slow cooker breakfast casserole recipe is perfect for busy holiday mornings and entertaining when family and friends are over. Just set it out, and watch how it disappears in no time at all. The good news is you can buy ingredients in bulk and make this recipe a few times during the same week. Since this casserole is super budget friendly, you'll be able to eat like a king for very little out-of-pocket expense.
To make ahead, the assembled bake can be covered and refrigerated up to 8 hours before bringing to room temperature and cooking.
For a different flavor with the same easy results, substitute 2 cups sliced cooked Italian sausage (hot if your family enjoys the spices, or mild) for the ham, use chopped basil instead of the parsley, and sprinkle the top with ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese.
Cooking Time5 hr
- 30 ounces frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound ham slice, about 1-inch thick and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 10 ounces shredded cheese, cheddar or a mixture of types
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup milk use fresh, evaporated, whole or 2%
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine the potatoes with the onion.
- Combine the cheese and parsley in a bowl.
- Layer ingredients into the pot in this way: half the potatoes, half the ham, 1/3 of the cheese and parsley mixture; repeat with half the potatoes, half the ham, 1/3 of the cheese and parsley mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs with milk, mustard and salt and pepper. Gently insert the handle of a wooden spoon into the cooker contents to make holes to the bottom of the layers, then gently pour the egg mixture over.
- Finally, sprinkle the remaining cheese and parsley over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 – 5 hours.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Dec 23, 2017
This recipe sounds amazing! I love easy breakfast ideas! This would be perfect for Christmas morning, which is great because it is coming up in just a few days and I have no idea what were eating all day! I would use the pre-cubed ham, to make it even easier to make!
Jul 07, 2017
Wow! For me, the best part about this recipe is the fact that we can pre-assemble this the night before and keep it in the fridge. Just bring it to room temperature before beginning the slow cooker process. This is a great basic recipe that you can certainly change up to your liking. Don't like ham? Do bacon. Or even pre-cooked sausage crumbles.
Mar 03, 2017
Trying to have a healthy hearty breakfast every morning can be so hard sometimes...especially when you're half asleep. lol I love that this can be made in advance and everything is made in the crock pot, as opposed to separate pans for everything. I'm a sausage fan so I'd have to use that instead of the ham and probably add some spinach, since the combination goes really well together.
Feb 02, 2017
This recipe sounds lovely. I only got my slow cooker at Christmas and never had one before that so I am still learning the way....but not in a million years would I have thought you could cook eggs in one and just leave them there to cook away without burning or smelling funky. It's such a great idea.
Jan 27, 2017
I really like this recipe. Anything with cheese and hash browns is going to be a good dish in my book. I love that you made the recipe for such a large group. I have eight in my family, and I am always having to double or triple the recipe to make enough to feed my bunch. Thanks so much!
Nov 24, 2016
What a great dish this breakfast bake would be to make when you have a bunch of guest over for the Holidays just put all ingredients in the crock pot and set timer and when you wake up it will be done and you can change up the meat in it and serve it nice and warm and people will think you slaved over the stove all morning. This is a great way to use a ham,some sausage or your own ideas to make a great breakfast. Nice recipe especially for this time of year for family get togethers.
Jul 22, 2015
This sounds easy enough to make! Will be sure to try this for brunch
Apr 16, 2015
Hash browns, bacon, cheese, and eggs - what could be bad? This breakfast bake was delicious! I was so pleased to find that it wasn't overly salty, as so many that include ham or bacon tend to be. It was brilliant to include the mozzarella with the cheddar, and the evap milk really gave it the perfect texture. This is sure to become a staple in my house!
Apr 15, 2015
A really tasty breakfast meal. I loved the hash browns and cheesy topping.
Apr 15, 2015
Super tasty! I would add a bit of crushed red pepper for an extra kick :)
Apr 15, 2015
I love the egg to hashbrown ratio. Really delicious.
Apr 15, 2015
This was great! It looks really eggy at first, but then you realize those are hash browns and all is well in the world. I would add some more ham and maybe a vegetable.
May 09, 2015
A vegetable?? Bite your tongue!! lol
Jan 04, 2014
Why do so many of your recipes serve a lot of people, or take so many eggs? I am single, and make many meals in a crock pot.
Apr 15, 2015
I am sure if you just modify the recipe a bit, it wouldn't be too hard to make a smaller version of your dish. Or, you could save the leftovers for an easy breakfast on-the-go!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Tantalizing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
Tantalizing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup is a terrific recipe for lunch or dinner to help keep warm during cold and harsh winters… Continue reading: "Tantalizing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup"
- Slow Cooker English Muffin Breakfast Casserole
- Blueberry Overnight French Toast
- After Church Brunch Casserole
- Feta, Egg and Spinach Breakfast Casserole
- Egg and Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Rise 'n Shine Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Baked Beans
- Overnight Baked French Toast Casserole
- 24 Make-Ahead Holiday Breakfast Recipes
- Best Slow Cooker Breakfast Ideas
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Feta & Spinach Frittata
- Slow Cooker Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Beef Bulgogi
- Honey Bourbon Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Red Pepper Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Soup (dairy Free Recipe!)
- Slow Cooker Green Chili Chicken Bake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Spoon Brownies
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook