This Breakfast Bake is a delicious combination of hash browns, cheese, eggs and ham. If you love those savory breakfast flavors, you will appreciate this easy slow cooker breakfast recipe. This slow cooker breakfast casserole recipe is perfect for busy holiday mornings and entertaining when family and friends are over. Just set it out, and watch how it disappears in no time at all. The good news is you can buy ingredients in bulk and make this recipe a few times during the same week. Since this casserole is super budget friendly, you'll be able to eat like a king for very little out-of-pocket expense.
To make ahead, the assembled bake can be covered and refrigerated up to 8 hours before bringing to room temperature and cooking.
For a different flavor with the same easy results, substitute 2 cups sliced cooked Italian sausage (hot if your family enjoys the spices, or mild) for the ham, use chopped basil instead of the parsley, and sprinkle the top with ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese.
Cooking Time5 hr
- 30 ounces frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound ham slice, about 1-inch thick and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 10 ounces shredded cheese, cheddar or a mixture of types
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup milk use fresh, evaporated, whole or 2%
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine the potatoes with the onion.
- Combine the cheese and parsley in a bowl.
- Layer ingredients into the pot in this way: half the potatoes, half the ham, 1/3 of the cheese and parsley mixture; repeat with half the potatoes, half the ham, 1/3 of the cheese and parsley mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs with milk, mustard and salt and pepper. Gently insert the handle of a wooden spoon into the cooker contents to make holes to the bottom of the layers, then gently pour the egg mixture over.
- Finally, sprinkle the remaining cheese and parsley over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 – 5 hours.
Read NextSlow Cooker Breakfast Casserole