- see all comments
"My husband loved it and said make it again. I didn't really like it because it was too sweet for me."
"Great on rice!"
"My reaction found I didn't like olives."
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Potato-Crusted Quiche is an easy quiche recipe that you can make in your slow cooker. Some might consider this to be a crustless quiche recipe in the traditional sense, but it has a unique hash brown crust that is crispy and savory. This bacon quiche recipe is packed with broccoli, spinach, onions, three types of cheese, and more. Serve it up for a holiday brunch, or even on a weekday when you want to start your day with a satisfying meal. This quiche will soon become one of your favorite breakfast casserole recipes.
Check quiche after 3 hours to make sure it hasn't dried out. Do not overcook.
To make the hash brown bottom extra crispy, fry them in a pan before placing them in the bottom of your crock.
*This dish is naturally gluten-free.
Slow Cooker Time LOW4 hr
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (1-pound) bag refrigerated shredded hash browns (if using frozen hash browns, thaw first)
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light cream or half and half
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 3/4 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 pieces cooked maple-flavored bacon, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
Cook bacon. Chop. Set aside.
Chop broccoli, spinach, and onion.
Grease slow cooker with butter.
Line the bottom of the slow cooker with hash browns.
In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream, pepper, onion, broccoli, and spinach. Stir well.
Pour egg mixture over hash browns. Sprinkle cooked bacon and shredded cheese on top of egg mixture.
Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours.
Read NextSlow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Apr 02, 2018
BIG disappointment. Bland except for the top inch of bacon. The only way I would serve this again is to change the recipe. Skip the half and half (watered down the eggs), use red onion instead of white, double all servings of cheese, double portion of bacon, double the broccoli, double the onion, and instead of layering cheese and bacon on top, mix all ingredients throughout before pouring in crock pot. Could not even taste the hash browns per the original recipe, so guess I should have cooked those first in the oven for some crunch and flavor.
Jan 26, 2017
This is a great alternative to the traditional crusted quiche and no doubt more flavorful with the crispy hash browns. I love that it has tons of veggies too! It would probably be just as good without the meat for a vegetarian option...or if you're cooking for meat lovers you can do a deluxe version with a combo of breakfast meats. Either way, you can't really disappoint with this recipe.
Mar 04, 2016
This was really good. It's packed with all sorts of veggies and it made me stay full in the morning. It was a great breakfast casserole for the week!
Feb 09, 2016
This looks absolutely delicious! Definitely a must-try for my next homemade brunch!
Jul 22, 2015
Sounds like a loaded baked potato style quiche! Love it.
May 07, 2015
When do you add the cheese? Recipe doesn't say.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan "Meatballs"
Try a new spin on slow cooker meatballs with this slow cooker meatball recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan "Meatballs." Made with… Continue reading: "Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan "Meatballs""
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- Holy Cow Cinnamon Rolls
- Slow Cooker Caramel Pecan Monkey Bread
- Make-Ahead Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
- Chewy Granola In The Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- Easy At Home Slow Cooker Caramel Rolls
- Blueberry Overnight French Toast
- Italian Sausage Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- Egg, Ham, and Spinach Breakfast Casserole Recipe
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Pizza
- Slow Cooker Au Gratin Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Leg Of Lamb
- Cheesecake Factory Meatloaf Recipe
- Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Soup
- Slow Cooker Guinness Irish Beef Stew
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake
- Slow Cooker London Broil
- Slow Cooker Sirloin Tip Roast
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook