- see all comments
"I can not make this because the ingredient list on "All day slow cooker swiss steak is different then the ingredient list that printed. Very disappointed! I even have an account and could not find the directions .I do not want the the recipe with onion."
"My husband loved it and said make it again. I didn't really like it because it was too sweet for me."
"Great on rice!"
Tasty Orange Chicken
Slow cooker Chinese food has never been so easy to make! Plus, we've included a recipe for homemade orange chicken sauce.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
One of the highest demanded items on our site is slow cooker Chinese chicken, so in response, we decided to give the people what they want. Here's our version of Tasty Orange Chicken straight from our Test Kitchen.
This is one of the most popular slow cooker chicken recipes where Chinese food is concerned, and we felt like it was time to try our hand at it. Now we can definitively say, that this recipe is utterly delightful. Simply prepare your orange sauce, chop boneless chicken breast into small chunks, brown them, and throw everything in the slow cooker. It's really that simple!
Prepare some white rice and you can pair that with your chicken dish. Why go to a Chinese restaurant when you can eat something just as good in your own kitchen? Try this today.
Preparation Time20 min
Slow Cooker Time LOW5 hr
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get Together
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon corn starch + 1 tablespoon cold water
- 8 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed or microwaved
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
Looking for more Chinese chicken recipes? Take a look at our collection of
In a bowl, whisk together orange juice concentrate, brown sugar, salt, balsamic vinegar, ketchup, corn starch-water mixture and honey. Set aside.
Pour flour into a small mixing bowl along with chunks of chicken. Cover the chicken with flour completely, shaking off any excess clumps of flour that may accumulate.
Pour olive oil in a skillet, and brown the flour-covered chicken.
*Don't worry about cooking chicken through -- it will cook fully in the slow cooker. Just get a nice brown color on the outside of the chicken chunks. Your chicken should be slightly crispy. Cook until you've reached your desired level of crispiness.
Pour your browned and crispy chicken and your orange sauce into the slow cooker, and stir.
Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours or on LOW for 5-6 hours.
Serve over rice and garnished with an orange slice (optional).
Want even more ways to incorporate a tasty orange flavor into your chicken dinners? Forget going to a Chinese restaurant. We have so many fabulous Chinese chicken dishes to choose from. Try our collection: 10 Easy Orange Chicken Recipes You Can Slow Cook
Have you made this? Tell us about it in the comments below!
Up Next: Even MORE Chinese Chicken Copycat Recipes
Read NextGeneral Tso's Chicken for Six
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
kmcartoonity 62072 74
Oct 10, 2018
I totally agree with you Member 0520951, I tried this and there seems to be way too much juice concentrate. I'm almost thinking that it might be a typo in the recipe since it is so overkill. Aside from that, adding cornstarch to the flour will really help crisp things up a bit, and I would use vegetable oil or peanut oil instead of olive oil to ensure I can get the oil hot enough for pan - frying without it beginning to smoke.
Apr 12, 2018
Sorry, but I didn't care for this at all. First of all, the chicken did not crisp up like I expected it to. Then, I found the taste of the orange juice concentrate to be overpowering, and not really tasting orangy. Much too concentrated. It was all you could taste. It also was very dry. I ended up adding soy sauce and some chicken broth and it helped enough that we were able to eat it. Not one I will be trying again. So sorry. Just being honest with how I found it to be.
Feb 22, 2018
I love orange chicken, so I will need to give this recipe a try! I think making it in the slow cooker will be a great idea, too.
Jul 14, 2017
I love orange chicken, but I've always been intimidated by the sauce. I can't wait to give this recipe a try.
Mar 29, 2017
This looks so delicious! I was looking for something different to make this weekend, and this is it. I think I'll get out two slow cookers and make this recipe and some slow cooker beef and broccoli. It will save us money and I know it will be fresh.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Slow Cooker Chicken Cheesesteak
The classic Philly chicken cheesesteak becomes an easy weeknight dinner -- thanks to the convenience of a slow cooker! With garlic,… Continue reading: "Slow Cooker Chicken Cheesesteak"
- General Tso's Chicken for Six
- Snackable Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Lazy Chicken and Potatoes
- Grandma's Classic Chicken Pot Pie
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Heavenly Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Sweet Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- 4-Ingredient-Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan "Meatballs"
- Vintage Slow Cooker Chicken Paprika
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Feta & Spinach Frittata
- Slow Cooker Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Beef Bulgogi
- Honey Bourbon Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Red Pepper Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Soup (dairy Free Recipe!)
- Slow Cooker Green Chili Chicken Bake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Spoon Brownies
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook