16 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix Free eCookbook
- see all comments
"I can not make this because the ingredient list on "All day slow cooker swiss steak is different then the ingredient list that printed. Very disappointed! I even have an account and could not find the directions .I do not want the the recipe with onion."
"My husband loved it and said make it again. I didn't really like it because it was too sweet for me."
"Great on rice!"
Slow Cooker Scripture Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Slow Cooker Scripture Cake is an old-fashioned cake recipe from scratch, catered perfectly for "baking" in your slow cooker. This easy fruit cake recipe not only tastes great, but it incorporates opportunities for Bible enrichment. The recipe calls on the baker to search ingredients in versus of the Bible. Each ingredient is accompanied by a Bible verse, making this cake both tasty and educational. This simple and delicious cake makes for a delightful church potluck or Bible study recipe. Show off your Biblical knowledge while slicing up this sweet treat to guests or loved ones.
Slow Cooker Time LOW3 hr
Cooking Vessel Size5- to 7-quart oval slow cooker
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature (Judges 5:25)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar (Jeremiah 6:20)
- 3 eggs (Jeremiah 17:11)
- 1 3/4 cup flour (Exodus 29:2)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (Luke 13:21)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (Kings 10:10)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch salt (Leviticus 2:13)
- 1/2 cup water (Genesis 24:17)
- 1 cup raisins (Samuel 30:12)
- 1/2 cup dried figs, chopped (Jeremiah 24:5)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (Genesis 43:11)
- 1 golden delicious or granny smith apple, chopped into small pieces (Song of Solomon 2:5)
- For the Icing:
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon milk
- Vanilla extract, to taste
Prepare your large oval slow cooker by cutting an oval shape of parchment paper to fit in the bottom of the slow cooker. Place parchment in bottom of slow cooker and then spray the sides of the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Add the dry mixture alternately with the water to creamed mixture, beating the entire time.
Fold in raisins, figs, apples and almonds. Mix well. Pour into the prepared slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for about 3 hours (some slow cookers will take longer and some will take shorter). To check for doneness: insert a toothpick into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean the cake is done. Let cool for 20 minutes while preparing icing.
Use a mixer to mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together until creamy and smooth.
Gently run a sharp knife around the edges of the cake and invert over onto a serving plate until cake drops out. Discard the parchment paper.
Use a small spatula to ice the cake. Serve with milk and enjoy!
Read NextEasy Slow Cooker Apple Dump Cake
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Aug 01, 2017
This looks like a really nice dessert to have when company comes over. My daughter is allergic to the nuts, so I would have to use peanuts or sunflower seeds instead, but I think it would still be delicious. Have you ever substituted an ingredient for something else in this recipe?
Mar 04, 2014
Why is there no print button????? Pain in the neck looking for one!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Tantalizing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
Tantalizing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup is a terrific recipe for lunch or dinner to help keep warm during cold and harsh winters… Continue reading: "Tantalizing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup"
- Easy Slow Cooker Apple Dump Cake
- Apple Pie Coffee Cake
- Easy Chocolate Slow Cooker Custard
- Easy Oatmeal Raisin Baked Apples
- Slow Cooker Caramel Popcorn Snack Mix
- Easy Slow Cooker Pecan Pie
- Betty's Slow-Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 3 Ingredient Apple Spice Dump Cake
- Slow Cooker Rice Krispie
- Slow Cooker Donut Bread Pudding
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Feta & Spinach Frittata
- Slow Cooker Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Beef Bulgogi
- Honey Bourbon Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Red Pepper Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Soup (dairy Free Recipe!)
- Slow Cooker Green Chili Chicken Bake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Spoon Brownies
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook