17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- see all comments
"I can not make this because the ingredient list on "All day slow cooker swiss steak is different then the ingredient list that printed. Very disappointed! I even have an account and could not find the directions .I do not want the the recipe with onion."
"My husband loved it and said make it again. I didn't really like it because it was too sweet for me."
"Great on rice!"
Guinness Glazed Slow Cooker Corned Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Guinness Glazed Slow Cooker Corned Beef is the perfect dish to make for your St. Patrick's Day feast. This slow cooker corned beef recipe is made with the most famous of Irish beers for a unique flavor that you'll crave year after year.
By combining pickling spices, garlic mustard, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce, you'll develop a complex and exciting favor that you'll be proud to show off. Your family will be running to the table with watering mouths this St. Patrick's Day when they smell the amazing aroma cultivating in the kitchen. Make St. Patrick's Day (or any day) a special one with this delicious corned beef recipe.
Make it a complete meal by serving your favorite style potatoes or, the more traditional cabbage, on the side. Also, check out some of our favorite recipes with cabbage.
Slow Cooker Time LOW8 hr
Cooking MethodOven, Slow Cooker
- 1 (4-pound) corned beef with pickling spices
- 12 ounces Guiness stout
- 1 small onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Make your St. Patrick's Day meal using your slow cooker with our awesome collection: St. Patrick's Day Food: 25 Slow Cooker St. Patrick's Day Recipes
Place all of the ingredients, except for mustard, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce, with the corned beef package (liquids and spices included) into a slow cooker set on low, cover and cook 8 hours.
Preheat oven to 400º F. Remove the corned beef to a cutting board and strain the liquids, discarding the solids. In a small saucepan bring the strained liquid to a slow boil with the brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 20 minutes.
While liquids are cooking, trim fat from the corned beef and slice thinly. Arrange on an ovenproof platter or deep serving dish. When liquids are slightly thickened, taste and adjust salt and pepper as necessary. Spoon about one cup of the liquids over the sliced meat and place the platter into the oven to glaze, about 15 minutes.
Serve with boiled potatoes and pass the remaining sauce at the table, along with horseradish sauce.
Cabbage is the perfect companion to corned beef. Check out some of our favorite recipes with cabbage in our collection Easy Cabbage Recipes: 12 Great Slow Cooker Cabbage Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Mar 07, 2017
This recipe sounds amazing! I can't wait to try it for St. Patrick's Day. I don't think I've had corned beef with Guinness cooked in it, so I have to give this a try.
Jan 25, 2017
Hmmmm...Is this the same corned beef that would be used for hash? I remember when I was growing up my grandmother made corned beef hash with eggs for breakfast and I've always wondered where the corned beef came from. I know they sell it in cans but I'd really love to make it from scratch.
Dec 18, 2015
Anyone who likes corned beef would definitely enjoy this recipe. It's the perfect dish to make for St. Patrick's Day, or whenever you're looking to make an easy and tasty meal.
Dec 17, 2015
The flavor of the corned beef was amazing, and it wasn't dried out. I would definitely recommend this recipe.
Dec 17, 2015
Slow cooking corned beef is the best way to do it. Adding the element of Guinness is pure genius, though! The flavor really comes through nicely, without being overpoweringly beer-y, and the beef is as juicy and tender as all getout. I will definitely be making this again!
Dec 17, 2015
I thought this was pretty tasty. Was not too dry, and you can taste the Guinness!
Dec 17, 2015
Yum. I loved this. I love that you can just leave it in the slow cooker and go. Absolutely delicious.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
All Day Cheeseburger Casserole
All Day Cheeseburger Casserole is a tasty cheeseburger macaroni casserole recipe packed with hearty ingredients, including elbow… Continue reading: "All Day Cheeseburger Casserole"
- Chili Verde Recipe (stovetop & Slow Cooker)
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
- Easy Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans
- Asian Tacos With An Amazing Flavor
- 14 Easy Ribs Recipes (For Your Slow Cooker)
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Apricot Sauce
- Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops
- Easy Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
- No-Fuss Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Feta & Spinach Frittata
- Slow Cooker Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Beef Bulgogi
- Honey Bourbon Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Red Pepper Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Soup (dairy Free Recipe!)
- Slow Cooker Green Chili Chicken Bake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Spoon Brownies
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook