- see all comments
"I can not make this because the ingredient list on "All day slow cooker swiss steak is different then the ingredient list that printed. Very disappointed! I even have an account and could not find the directions .I do not want the the recipe with onion."
"My husband loved it and said make it again. I didn't really like it because it was too sweet for me."
"Great on rice!"
Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Pork
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Pork is one of the easiest slow cooker pork recipes for summer potlucks and more. Simply made with salt, pepper, garlic, water, and barbecue sauce, it's a tasty dish that you can leave to cook all day.
You'll love how easy and flavorful this pulled pork slow cooker recipe is, and how handy it comes in when you're in the mood for pulled pork sandwiches or tacos. This recipe only uses 5 ingredients, which means you can spend less time preparing and more time eating and enjoying with your family.
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed with the side of a knife
- 3 to 4 pounds pork shoulder roast (sometimes called Boston butt roast)
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
For ever more slow cooker pulled pork recipes you won't be able to resist, check out our collection, How to Make Pulled Pork: 13 Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipes + Bonus Recipes
Lightly spray interior of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Lay the garlic cloves in the bottom and place the pork on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour the water around the sides.
Cook on LOW for 6 hours, (or on LOW for 3 hours and then on HIGH for 1 hour) until pork is cooked through and is easy to shred with a fork.
Remove the pork from the slow cooker and set on a cutting board. Pour all of the juices in the pot into a large measuring cup and place in the freezer for 30 minutes so that the fat rises to the top and can be skimmed off. While the juices cool, use two forks to shred the meat and return it to the cooker.
Skim the juices, discarding the fat and return 2 cups to the cooker, add the barbeque sauce and vinegar and stir to mix well. Cook on LOW for 1 additional hour to blend the flavors.
Serve pork on hamburger buns, garnished with pickle slices if desired.
This cut of meat needs slow cooking, so always begin on low and use the low setting for at least most of the time allotted.
Barbeque sauces have their regional fans and there are many choices. We like a smoky, slightly sweet sauce and then we add cider vinegar to give it a burst of “tangy flavor," but you may use the type you like best.
Tip: Some readers have mentioned that a little extra barbecue sauce made this slow cooker pulled pork even better! Serve with coleslaw for a little taste of the south. If you really want to impress your guests, toast the buns.
Pulled pork is great for parties or game day gatherings. For more recipe ideas, check out these 24 Incredible Game Day Food Recipes For The Big Game
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Feb 01, 2018
sounds like the perfect game day recipe to me
Jan 27, 2018
How can you make this recipe any simpler? I love how easy it is to throw and mix together. You can make this up any morning when you know you have a busy day and off you go. When you get home, you have such a tender and juicy meal to eat that tastes like you spent hours cooking.
Jun 26, 2017
Crock pot pulled pork is so easy and makes a huge, delicious batch perfect for a family meal or party. I see a lot of people commenting that this recipe needs some more sauce. Instead of adding more sauce, try to add some ginger ale to the pork. The carbonation from the soda adds a certain tenderness to the meat, expands the barbecue sauce, and keeps everything really flavorful. That's my recommendation for a delicious pulled pork!
Dec 14, 2016
This reader totally agrees with extra, extra sauce! This really is an easy recipe even for a person who can't cook. When you serve this at your picnic potluck and no one will know how much time you didn't spend on it. My mouth is watering just looking at those sammiches!
Jun 18, 2015
I love trying new pulled pork recipes! They are so delicious and filling. Will add to the dinner rotation this week!
May 15, 2015
Pulled pork is delicious during any season, and I love being able to use my slow cooker for it. I think I, too, would increase the amount of BBQ sauce in the recipe by about half again as much. I like to serve pulled pork on egg buns, and toasting them on the grill for a few minutes gives the whole sandwich that picnic flavor my family loves.
May 15, 2015
I agree that it could used a bit more sauce, but that's an easy fix. This would go great with a side of coleslaw, or even throw some slaw on the sandwich to make it "Carolina-style"-- yum!!
May 14, 2015
This was good for a simple pulled pork recipe, but I think it could have used a lot more sauce and perhaps more seasoning.
Jul 24, 2012
Made this for company and it was GREAT!!!!! I am not a cook and this recipe made me look great too. Served it with coleslaw on top.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Slow Cooker Chicken Cheesesteak
The classic Philly chicken cheesesteak becomes an easy weeknight dinner -- thanks to the convenience of a slow cooker! With garlic,… Continue reading: "Slow Cooker Chicken Cheesesteak"
- Slow Cooker Loose Meat Sandwiches Recipe
- Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Chili Pulled Beef Sandwiches
- Saucy Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Reuben Sandwiches
- How to Make Pulled Pork: 13 Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipes + Bonus Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- Maid-Rite Copycat Loose Meat Sandwiches
- So Easy Sloppy Joes with Homemade Sauce
- Ultimate Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Feta & Spinach Frittata
- Slow Cooker Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Beef Bulgogi
- Honey Bourbon Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Red Pepper Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Soup (dairy Free Recipe!)
- Slow Cooker Green Chili Chicken Bake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Spoon Brownies
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook