Easy Paleo Slow Cooker Cowboy Chicken
When you're looking for a meal that will satisfy your tastebuds and your diet, this Easy Paleo Slow Cooker Cowboy Chicken is the way to go. This paleo slow cooker recipe is bursting with flavor and protein and will keep you full for hours. Cowboy recipes are some of our favorites because they are hearty, meaty, and have a knack for pleasing even the pickiest of eaters. This dish is full of comforting ingredients that when combined, make for the perfect lunch or dinner. Chicken slow cooked with black beans and some seriously delicious sweet, savory and slightly spicy seasoning makes this one of our favorite ways to stick to your paleo diet.
- This recipe will work with your choice of jarred salsas, too, but we preferred the fresh chopped salad often available in plastic containers at the supermarket or at Mexican markets; or make your own fresh salsa and add chiles to your preferred heat level.
- Get the rice recipe mentioned above, right here: Paleo Slow Cooker Cauliflower "Rice"
The inspiration for this recipe came from Paleo'ish on a Dime's recipe for 5-Ingredient Paleo Cowboy Chicken. Check it out!
Slow Cooker Time LOW8 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 3 pounds of chicken - chicken thighs work perfectly, or use breasts or both.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh salsa (see Note)
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
Arrange chicken pieces in the bottom of a lightly sprayed slow cooker. Spoon the salsa over the chicken. Mix the Worcestershire sauce, honey and mustard and pour over the ingredients in the cooker. Add the beans and cook on low for 6- 8 hours.
To serve: As a dinner entre, serve each guest one piece of chicken on a plate with a whole grain side (such as the rice* below) and spoon sauce over all.
Or serve as tacos: Remove bones and skin from the chicken and shred the meat. Return the meat to the sauce in the cooker and serve spooned into warm tortillas, topped with sliced avocados and sour cream if desired.