22 Recipes For A Summer Picnic
Try our amazing slow cooker recipes to make your picnic menu complete.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
The best summer get-togethers feature good company and excellent food. If you want to find summer dinner recipes and more, consult 22 Recipes For A Summer Picnic for slow cooker meal ideas for summer.
Take a look at these easy summer recipes, and you will find the perfect inspiration for meal ideas for summer to suit any theme in no time! With summer slow cooker recipes, you can throw an entire menu together and forget about it until it's picnic time!
Outdoor dining doesn't mean you have to settle for drab dishes. Whether you are hosting or attending a picnic, potluck, or cookout, these delicious and easy slow cooker recipes include quick summer recipes that are perfect for every occasion.
See video tutorial below for how to make incredible Fried Chicken for your next picnic!
Table of Contents
This is one of the best barbecue ribs recipes around, making it a staple among summer picnic recipes. It is one of the more creative slow cooker pork recipes for ribs, and the tender, mouthwatering result will have your guests begging for more! Your ribs become the most tender and juicy you have ever tasted, after having them simmer in your slow cooker for many hours at a time. The barbecue flavoring also is enhanced from your ribs being saturated in the sauce for many hours and flavor bakes right in. Don't have your guests miss out on this amazing recipe!
For more summer slow cooker recipes, check out our collection, Summer Potluck Recipe Ideas: 35 Summer Slow Cooker Recipes. Try some of these: Summer Potluck Recipe Ideas: 35 Summer Slow Cooker Recipes
Great Summer Appetizers
These great summer appetizer recipes are a delightful addition to any picnic or cookout menu. Finger foods and dip recipes will whet the appetite and put everyone in the mood for fun in the sun, and recipes for slow cooker make everything so easy! We have some fabulous dips for you to debut at your party, wings with a kick, and hot dog appetizers they will not be able to resist. Planning a party? You have come to the right place for ideas galore. Your guests will certainly not go hungry.
When it comes to picnic foods, you don't want to bring anything too risky or too boring. Quick and easy are the two most important features of any picnic ideas. After all, you're feeding a crowd. Thankfully, your good old slow cooker can do most of the hard work for you. From slow cooker main dishes to slow cooker side dishes, you'll be thankful for quick easy recipes that you can make ahead. Check these out: Picnic Food: 17 Slow Cooker Foods to take on a Picnic
Summer Recipes for Main Dishes
Summer potluck dishes and picnic recipes like these are staples of outdoor entertainment. Savory flavors complement popular summer main dish recipes in this collection of classic slow cooker recipes with a sunshine twist! These are the types of recipes you move toward in the summer months, which have a hint of outdoors in the them. We are also all too happy to use our barbecues this time of year. But instead of needing to fire it up, you can make some excellent bbq dishes in your slow cooker that could even taste better and more flavorful!
6 Tips to Make Perfect Picnic
- Consider packing a picnic basket for dishes and utensils and a cooler for food
- Cold foods should be kept at 40 F or colder
- A full cooler stays colder longer
- Pack basket in reverse order, putting perishable items on the bottom and picnic set up items on top
- Bring real dishes and find other ways to reduce trash
- Try out these summer recipes for your picnic: Slow Cooker Summer: 5 Summer Side Dish Recipes
Easy Summer Side Dishes
A variety of summer side dishes will satisfy any dietary needs or picky appetites. These are great companions to summer main courses and fun summer dishes, so start up that slow cooker and get going! We offer some amazing potato salads, mac'n cheese, scalloped potatoes, corn no the cob, and the all important baked beans, that we mainly see in the summer months. Who can resist all of these famed side kicks to many of our treasured favorites. We will help you fill up your menu with dishes that your guests will truly enjoy.
Unique Summer Dessert Recipes
With these slow cooker dessert recipes, everyone will want to skip straight to the final course! Unique summer recipes like these will be the crowning glory to your fantastic feast! We have a plethora of cakes, pies, bars, cookies, cobblers, and much more that incredibly you can make in your slow cooker. You can become a dessert wizard with your slow cooker in tow. Try one of these to cap off your next casual dinner. Your guests will be thrilled with the results.
What is your favorite summer picnic recipe? Tell us about it in the comments below.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- 24 Valentine's Day Recipes That Will Steal Your Heart
- Slow Cooker White Trash Sliders
- Cabbage and Rice Slow Cooker Casserole
- Slow Cooker Beef and Mushrooms
- Anolon Advanced 2-Quart Straining Sauce Pan
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops: 13 Flavorful Pork Chop Recipes
- Healthy Slow Cooker Beef Chili
- 18 Slow Cooker Pork Roast Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Dried Cherries, Leeks, and Olives
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Casserole
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook