11 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes for One
Treat yourself to something special with these slow cooker meals for one person.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Slow cookers are great for busy days when you need a low maintenance meal, but they are also known for making large quantities of food. If you’re only cooking for one, that probably isn't what you want.
It can be difficult to scale down slow cooker recipes that serve eight and even more difficult to find a slow cooker meal that's meant for one person. We’ve assembled this link love collection of 11 Slow Cooker Recipes for One to keep your meal plan interesting without leaving you with a ton of leftovers.
Whether you are an empty-nester, live alone, or you're just on your own for the night, these recipes for one will help! Below you’ll find delicious slow cooker recipes with chicken, ground beef, turkey, and more. You’ll also find a simple recipe for breakfast and even a few desserts.
Of course, you can always freeze leftovers, but after awhile those freezer-friendly containers can take up a lot of space. Plus, there are times when you just don’t feel like eating leftovers for the third night in a row!
If you are new to cooking for one, we’ve also included some helpful tips and tricks to make it even easier. So, choose from any of these recipes and make cooking for one fun again!
Slow Cooker Dinner Ideas for One Person
Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl for One - Joanie's recipe from One Dish Kitchen tastes just like a classic Mexican chicken rice bowl. Corn, black beans, and brown rice cook along with the chicken in this all-in-one meal.
Campfire Hobo Packet in the Slow Cooker - Even if you're not on a camping trip, this foil pack meal from Sarah, of Sidetracked Sarah, is a simple and filling meal for one person. Experiment with different seasonings and vegetables in this easily customizible meal.
5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Thai Turkey Legs - This recipe from Shannon of Fit Slow Cooker Queen features the lime and coconut flavors of Thai cuisine in a convenient meal. This recipe makes two turkey legs, which would give enough leftovers for the next day, or you could easily halve this recipe.
Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice for One - Joanie's Cajun-inspired recipe from One Dish Kitchen uses dried kidney beans instead of canned, which means they have great texture. Plus, this recipe even includes instructions for making one serving of rice.
4-Ingredient Salsa Chicken - This recipe from Carrie of Eating on a Dime, does make more than one serving, but it more than makes up for it in simplicity. Black beans, corn, salsa, and chicken breast makes this a budget-friendly meal that will last for about three meals.
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken for One - Chicken thighs are cooked in a savory tomato sauce in this recipe from Joanie of One Dish Kitchen. Chicken breasts can also be used as a slightly healthier alternative. Enjoy with your favorite vegeatbles for a complete meal!
Slow Cooker Paleo Barbecue Turkey Thighs - Lisa from Cook Eat Paleo has created a wonderfully simple 2-ingredient recipe for anyone following the Paleo diet. The recipe also includes a Paleo-friendly recipe for peach barbecue sauce.
Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken for One - It can be difficult to resist the temptation of ordering takout. However, Joanie of One Dish Kitchen has created a homemade alternative. This simple recipe is sure to satisfy your craving for Chinese takeout.
Slow Cooker Breakfast and Dessert Recipes for One
Single Serve Slow Cooker Oatmeal - Tiffany of Don't Eat the Crumbs has created this simple way to cook oatmeal in the slow cooker. Since the oats are cooked in indivual jars, you can customize the flavors for different days of the week or just make one jar.
Slow Cooker Individual Creamy Chocolate Fondue Pots - A pot of melted chocolate is always a good idea. Toni of Boulder Locavore has developed a way to make individual ramekins of chocolate fondue using your slow cooker. Use it as a dip for fruit, cake, marshmallows, and more!
Slow Cooker Tagalongs Mini Cake - Even though this cake from Sarah, of Repeat Crafter Me, makes about four servings, it is one you could enjoy over a few days. It bakes in a 1.5 quart slow cooker so it is an adorably mini cake. Plus, it's topped with Girl Scout Tagalong cookies!
Tips on Cooking for One Person
- Use your slow cooker to prep a staple for the week like meat, grains, or beans. Cook a batch of chicken, pork, rice, or beans to enjoy throughout the week and even freeze for later.
- Utilize your freezer. While it is nice to be able to make just enough food for one, making enough food for leftovers can be an advantage. If you don’t enjoy eating leftover pasta dishes or casseroles, think about freezing individual portions of meat to defrost for later meals.
- Create a weekly meal plan. Making a weekly plan of recipes will help prevent wasting food. For example, it is helpful to cook one or two full meals and then plan to eat the leftovers for lunches or dinners.
Helpful Resources on Cooking for One
13 Tips for Cooking Real Food for One Person - Tiffany from Don't Waste the Crumbs focuses on ways to cook for one person, while still making real food.
Simple Tips for Solo Cooking - The entire focus of Joanie's blog, One Dish Kitchen, is recipes for one. This is a great guide for those trying to get better at cooking for one.
The Single Person’s Guide to Cooking for One - This article from My Domaine lists helpful reminders that are easy to forget when cooking for one, such as cooking your favorite dishes and shopping wisely.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Savory Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- Rosemary Leg of Lamb
- Slow Cooker Ginger Marmalade Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes Free eCookbook
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Parmesan
- Sausage Steam Pot with Potatoes and Cabbage
- Cheesy Ravioli with Homemade Meat Sauce
- Bacon Wrapped Cornish Game Hens
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Alfredo Chicken
- Easy Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
- Healthy Potato Salad
- Teriyaki Chicken, Egg Fried Rice With Vegetables
- Vegan Slow Cooker Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Barbeque Pork
- Slow Cooker Cajun Red Beans And Rice
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook