Classic Green Bean Casserole
The quintessential Thanksgiving side dish that everyone looks forward to every year is the Classic Green Bean Casserole. With this slow cooker green bean casserole recipe, you can make your favorite holiday side dish in the slow cooker. As long as the slow cooker is taking care of the green beans, you can focus on tending to your turkey. The roasted bird is usually the the main event of your Thanksgiving table, but this green bean casserole recipe might just steal the show.
Preparation Time15 min
Slow Cooker Time LOW7 hr
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can French-style green beans, drained
- 2 (4-ounce) cans mushroom pieces, drained, or 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup fresh pearl onions
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup reduced fat (2%) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Coat the slow cooker with cooking spray. Pour in both kinds of green beans, the mushrooms, and the onions; mix together.
In a bowl, stir together the soup, milk, Worcestershire, pepper, and salt. Pour over the beans, but don't stir. Cook on low for 7 hours.