This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Creamy Asparagus Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"Healthy soup is so perfect for chilly winter weather, and this asparagus soup recipe will not disappoint! I love making soup in my Instant Pot but can be adapted easily for a slow cooker. Asparagus can be a bit stringy in its raw form. You shouldn’t have to worry about that after cooking, but if you are worried about it make sure it’s nice and soft when you put your mixture in the blender. You can also give it an extra blend to make sure it’s perfectly smooth. "
Preparation Time10 min
Slow Cooker Time HIGH3 hr
Slow Cooker Time LOW6 hr
Cooking MethodPressure Cooker, Slow Cooker
Cooking Vessel SizeInstant Pot or Slow cooker
- 2 pounds asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
Prepare asparagus for cooking by washing thoroughly, removing the stalky thick ends and chop into one-inch pieces.
In your Instant Pot, use the Saute setting to melt the butter, then add the onion and asparagus. Cook until the onion is translucent and tender. Add the garlic and cook for one additional minute.
Pour in the chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
Place the lid on your instant pot and lock it into place. Make sure the cover valve is set to “Seal”. Manually select the Pressure Cook button and select “High” for 5 minutes.
When the timer goes off, turn the cover valve to release the pressure. When the steam has settled, remove the lid and allow the soup to cool off a bit.
Pour soup in a blender, and pulse until it is pureed or has reached the desired texture.
Return the soup to the instant pot and select the Sauté button again.
In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and flour, then pour into the soup. Whisk together until thoroughly combined.
Allow the soup to simmer and thicken for about 5 minutes.
Just before serving, add ½ teaspoon of lemon zest and juice to your personal taste. Stir in sour cream and serve immediately.
Read NextBeef Burgundy
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
"Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork is sweet and spicy with brown sugar, maraschino cherries and candied jalapenos. Perfect for… Continue reading: "Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork"
- Beef Burgundy
- Corn Chowder
- Slow Cooker Chili With Salsa
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Stew
- The Best Easy Taco Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut Milk
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup with Kale and Parmesan
- Slow Cooked Southwestern Black Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Soup
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Delicious Egg Chicken Roll Recipe
- The Best Easy Taco Soup Recipe
- Green Chile Chicken In Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- Chicken Slow Cooker Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Orange Cranberry Turkey Breast
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook