This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
French Style Roasted Leek And Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"I know French cooking gets a reputation for being difficult and intensive, but this recipe is super simple! All you really need to do is cook down your potatoes and leeks with some amazing flavors and blend them all up and stir in some cream. You’ll be left with the most smooth, rich, and creamy leek and potato soup that just absolutely warms your soul. Top it off with some bacon, chives, and cheese, and serve it up with some bread and you’ve got a home run meal."
Preparation Time10 min
Slow Cooker Time HIGH3 hr
Slow Cooker Time LOW6 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
Cooking Vessel SizeLarge Slow Cooker
- 3 large leeks
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Bacon, for topping
- Cheese, for topping
The first thing you’ll want to do is prepare all your vegetables so they are ready and set them aside. Start by washing your leeks and removing the roots and dark green parts. Wash, peel, and chop the potato into 1-inch pieces. Dice your onion, mince your garlic, and gently chop your chives.
Next, place a large slow cooker over medium heat and add the butter.
Once the butter is melted, add in the onion, garlic, and leeks and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
Add in the salt, pepper, potatoes, and cayenne pepper and stir together until combined.
Cover the pot with a lid and let cook so the potatoes can begin to soften.
Add in the vegetable broth, heat on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
Using an immersion blender or a standard blender, blend the cooked soup mixture until smooth. Return the mixture to the pot if you use a blender.
Place the soup over low heat and slowly whisk in the cream. Cook for 3 minutes until the cream is incorporated and the soup is smooth.
Top with chives, cheese, or bacon, and enjoy!
Read NextSlow Cooker Zuppa Toscana
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Try this awesome slow cooker pot roast recipe for Perfect Sunday Dinner Pot Roast. This recipe will show you how to make an easy slow… Continue reading: "Perfect Sunday Dinner Pot Roast"
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook