Ham Sausage And Rice Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"This ham sausage and rice soup is hearty and full of flavor, yet it takes under an hour to make. I love making soups because they are good for you comfort food. Hearty Soup Inspiration There is so much to love about soups. This soup was born out of convenience. In the freezer, I had 3 cups of diced ham that was leftover from our Holiday meal. I also had a package of Italian sausage links, which are just delicious in soups. Pair this with the standard soup ingredients like celery, onion, and garlic. Add some frozen vegetables, a bit of fresh parsley, chicken stock (which I also had frozen in 2 cup containers), and some heavy cream. I am all about recipes that feed my family more than once and soups are simply perfect in the colder weather. They are filling, easy to make and almost always yield leftovers that you can freeze for later. "
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time45 min
Slow Cooker Time HIGH2 hr 30 min
Slow Cooker Time LOW3 hr 20 min
Cooking MethodSkillet, Slow Cooker
Cooking Vessel Sizekettle or slow cooker
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook