Dump and Go Veggie Stew and Dumplings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
This simple vegetarian stew is warming, healthy, and perfect for a cold day. It's super easy to make too. You just pop all of the ingredients into your slow cooker and leave it alone for the rest of the day. This thick and delicious stew also freezes really well, so it is easy to make it ahead and have it on hand for a rainy day when cooking time is at a premium. Enjoy eating this quick and easy recipe tonight!
Slow Cooker Time LOW9 hr
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 100 grams chopped kale
- 300 grams buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons mixed herbs
- 240 milliliters almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Chop the potatoes (I leave mine unpeeled as theres so much nutrition in the skin), carrots, onion, garlic and parsnips and place into the slow cooker.
Add the oregano, black pepper, chickpeas, cans of chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, stir and leave on a LOW heat for 7-9 hours.
With 30 minutes left before serving time; start to make the dumplings. Mix together all the dry ingredients until fully combined, then stir in the milk and melted coconut oil until the dough comes together. (It should be very thick).
Mold the dumplings into 4 balls then drop into the slow cooker with the stew and leave for 20-30 mins.
Add the kale to the slow cooker 5 minutes before serving.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
When dinner seems like a chore, you won't be putting in your best work. That's why we're giving you this easy slow cooker chicken… Continue reading: "Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Savory Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup
- BBQ Meatball Appetizer
- Party Beans
- Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
- Easy Slow Cooker Make Your Own Nachos Bar
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Chicken And Mushroom Soup
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook