Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook
- see all comments
"I can not make this because the ingredient list on "All day slow cooker swiss steak is different then the ingredient list that printed. Very disappointed! I even have an account and could not find the directions .I do not want the the recipe with onion."
"My husband loved it and said make it again. I didn't really like it because it was too sweet for me."
"Great on rice!"
Slow Cooker Chicken 101: Tips and Techniques
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
As chicken is a staple on many of our menus, we are all looking for advice on ways to make our slow cooker chicken recipes the best they can be. Making slow cooker chicken opens up many new doors for preparation, tenderness and taste. Slow Cookers also offer up a more convenient cooking process. You can prepare your ingredients the night before. When you wake up in the morning, you can take the ingredients and put them in your slow cooker and turn it on. You are able to leave for the day with no fuss. When you return your dish is cooked to perfection and ready to serve. There are so many terrific slow cooker recipes for chicken, running the gamut from spicy to mild. You can find Thai chicken recipes to Mexican ones, the possibilities are endless. You can use a variety of vegetables and sauces with your chicken to manipulate the flavor and ambiance of the dish. Guests get tired of the same types of chicken over and over. They will be ecstatic to try something new on your menu.
When cooking easy chicken slow cooker recipes certain guidelines need to be followed to obtain the greatest outcome for flavor and texture. A slow cooker can bring your outcomes to their maximum potential. We want to share some tips for you to remember when you are cooking chicken in your slow cooker. If you pay attention to this advice, your recipes have an excellent chance of coming out flavorful and delicious.
Everybody loves a great dish of spicy wings for their game day event. Here are some of our favorite wing recipes for you to serve to your hungry guests. There are so many ways you can make your wings. Try some new recipes to surprise your guests. 10 Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Wings Recipes
Tips for Cooking Chicken
There is an art to cooking your chicken properly in your slow cooker. Here is some of our best advice to cook your chicken successfully.
Do not cook chicken breast meat for longer than 6 hours. The meat can become tough and dry.
Chicken thighs or legs should be cooked for 8 to 10 hours.
Chicken breasts are considered fully cooked at 160 degrees F, while thighs and drumsticks are considered fully cooked at 165 degrees F.
Newer slow cookers tend to cook food faster. Cihcken breasts may be finished in as little as 4 hours. You need to watch your chicken carefully, so as not to overcook it.
Bone-in chicken needs to be cooked differently compared to boneless chicken. Chicken cooked on the bone takes much longer to cook and is usually less likely to become overcooked. Boneless, skinless thighs and drumsticks should be checked on often so as not to overcook them.
Skin is advised to be removed from the chicken. It adds fat and tends to be unappetizing after the cooking process.
Bonus: Our Favorite Chicken Recipes
Here is a list of our favorite slow cooker chicken recipes. Some have flavorful sauces, some are for sandwiches and some come from different ethnicities. There is something for everybody. Enjoy!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cheesesteaks
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Freezer Slow Cooker Chicken Tagine
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Thai Chicken and Golden Rice
- Three Bean Salsa Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken
- Italian Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pitas
- Two-ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
If you love pineapple, you will truly enjoy our collection of slow cooker chicken recipes prepared with pineapple. They are all sweet and tasty for your next dinner gathering! Try one today.
Read NextLazy Chicken and Potatoes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Feb 15, 2017
They say you learn something new every day. This is a nice article on the basics of slow cooking chicken. I knew about removing the skins from chicken breasts, but didnt know that applied to all chicken parts. I generally keep the skins on for dishes that specifically use the thigh.I also didnt know that thighs and drumsticks needed to be cooked as long as the article recommends. Wonderful recipes, too.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy
An easy and economical Beef Tips and Gravy recipe cooked in the slow cooker. Serve this easy beef recipe over rice or noodles for a… Continue reading: "Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy"
- Lazy Chicken and Potatoes
- Four Ingredient Chicken and Gravy
- Slow Cooker California Chicken Bowls
- Chicken and Broccoli Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff For Four
- Slow Cooker 2-Ingredient Balsamic Chicken
- All Day Angel Chicken
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken
- Italian Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Feta & Spinach Frittata
- Slow Cooker Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Beef Bulgogi
- Honey Bourbon Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Red Pepper Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Soup (dairy Free Recipe!)
- Slow Cooker Green Chili Chicken Bake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Spoon Brownies
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook