- see all comments
"I can not make this because the ingredient list on "All day slow cooker swiss steak is different then the ingredient list that printed. Very disappointed! I even have an account and could not find the directions .I do not want the the recipe with onion."
"My husband loved it and said make it again. I didn't really like it because it was too sweet for me."
"Great on rice!"
Spicy Shredded Chicken with Black Beans & Corn
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
"If you ever get a last-minute invite to a potluck, this slow cooker dish can be quickly made on high in four hours and will feed a big crowd. Plus, it's delicious and wont spoil anyones healthy or gluten free diet!"
If you have leftover shredded chicken, beans and corn, just mix them with a little mayo for a spicer version of a chicken salad sandwich.
Preparation Time10 min
Slow Cooker Time HIGH4 hr
Slow Cooker Time LOW8 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
Cooking Vessel Size6-quart slow cooker
- 5 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 2 cans Rotel Mexican Style Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro
- 2 cans Rotel Hot Diced Tomatoes and Habanero peppers
- 1 can crushed pineapple with 100% juice
- 2 cans sweet golden whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- sea salt, to taste
- Optional toppings: avocado, chopped onion, hot sauce, lemon, or lime.
Spray the inside of the crock with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts at the bottom of the crock.
Place the Rotel tomatoes, crushed pineapple with juice, drained corn, drained and rinsed black beans and sea salt on top of chicken breasts. Using a large spoon, carefully mix ingredients except for the chicken, which should be left on the bottom.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.
An hour before chicken is ready, make enough rice to serve 10-12 people.
When chicken is tender enough, shred it with a fork. Remove all ingredients with tongs and a slotted spoon. There will a lot of liquid in the crock, so you'll need to strain it. Set the liquid aside temporarily.
With liquid drained, place all ingredients back in the crock. Mix ingredients together until they're thoroughly combined. Place your slow cooker on LOW. Or, turn it off and unplug it.
Taste the chicken. If it's dry, add back some of the liquid you removed and taste again until you're satisfied. Toss any remaining liquid.
To serve, place brown rice in bowl, put some of the shredded chicken on top, then add toppings such as shredded cheese, avocado, chopped onion, hot sauce and a squeeze of lemon or lime. Enjoy!
Read NextFour Ingredient Chicken and Gravy
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Tantalizing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
Tantalizing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup is a terrific recipe for lunch or dinner to help keep warm during cold and harsh winters… Continue reading: "Tantalizing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup"
- Four Ingredient Chicken and Gravy
- Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Amazing Chicken Poutine
- Irresistible Butter Chicken
- Slow Cooker California Chicken Bowls
- Easy Italian Chicken Alfredo Dinner
- Easy Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Chicken
- Best Ever Creamy Ranch Chicken
- Knock Your Socks Off Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Feta & Spinach Frittata
- Slow Cooker Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Beef Bulgogi
- Honey Bourbon Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Red Pepper Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Soup (dairy Free Recipe!)
- Slow Cooker Green Chili Chicken Bake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Spoon Brownies
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook