Spicy Shredded Chicken with Black Beans & Corn
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"If you ever get a last-minute invite to a potluck, this slow cooker dish can be quickly made on high in four hours and will feed a big crowd. Plus, it's delicious and wont spoil anyones healthy or gluten free diet!"
If you have leftover shredded chicken, beans and corn, just mix them with a little mayo for a spicer version of a chicken salad sandwich.
Preparation Time10 min
Slow Cooker Time HIGH4 hr
Slow Cooker Time LOW8 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
Cooking Vessel Size6-quart slow cooker
- 5 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 2 cans Rotel Mexican Style Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro
- 2 cans Rotel Hot Diced Tomatoes and Habanero peppers
- 1 can crushed pineapple with 100% juice
- 2 cans sweet golden whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- sea salt, to taste
- Optional toppings: avocado, chopped onion, hot sauce, lemon, or lime.
Spray the inside of the crock with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts at the bottom of the crock.
Place the Rotel tomatoes, crushed pineapple with juice, drained corn, drained and rinsed black beans and sea salt on top of chicken breasts. Using a large spoon, carefully mix ingredients except for the chicken, which should be left on the bottom.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.
An hour before chicken is ready, make enough rice to serve 10-12 people.
When chicken is tender enough, shred it with a fork. Remove all ingredients with tongs and a slotted spoon. There will a lot of liquid in the crock, so you'll need to strain it. Set the liquid aside temporarily.
With liquid drained, place all ingredients back in the crock. Mix ingredients together until they're thoroughly combined. Place your slow cooker on LOW. Or, turn it off and unplug it.
Taste the chicken. If it's dry, add back some of the liquid you removed and taste again until you're satisfied. Toss any remaining liquid.
To serve, place brown rice in bowl, put some of the shredded chicken on top, then add toppings such as shredded cheese, avocado, chopped onion, hot sauce and a squeeze of lemon or lime. Enjoy!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Here is a great dish that you can use for a starter for an upcoming casual dinner or this can be your main dish for lunch. Soup for… Continue reading: "Slow Cooker Sour Cream Potato Bacon Soup"
- All Day Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 3-Ingredient Cranberry Chicken
- Slow Cooker 2-Ingredient Balsamic Chicken
- Best Ever Creamy Ranch Chicken
- Comfort Food Chicken and Gravy
- Simply Delish Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken
- Lazy Chicken and Potatoes
- Low and Slow Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook