Spicy Shredded Chicken with Black Beans & Corn
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"If you ever get a last-minute invite to a potluck, this slow cooker dish can be quickly made on high in four hours and will feed a big crowd. Plus, it's delicious and wont spoil anyones healthy or gluten free diet!"
If you have leftover shredded chicken, beans and corn, just mix them with a little mayo for a spicer version of a chicken salad sandwich.
Preparation Time10 min
Slow Cooker Time HIGH4 hr
Slow Cooker Time LOW8 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
Cooking Vessel Size6-quart slow cooker
- 5 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 2 cans Rotel Mexican Style Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro
- 2 cans Rotel Hot Diced Tomatoes and Habanero peppers
- 1 can crushed pineapple with 100% juice
- 2 cans sweet golden whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- sea salt, to taste
- Optional toppings: avocado, chopped onion, hot sauce, lemon, or lime.
Spray the inside of the crock with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts at the bottom of the crock.
Place the Rotel tomatoes, crushed pineapple with juice, drained corn, drained and rinsed black beans and sea salt on top of chicken breasts. Using a large spoon, carefully mix ingredients except for the chicken, which should be left on the bottom.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.
An hour before chicken is ready, make enough rice to serve 10-12 people.
When chicken is tender enough, shred it with a fork. Remove all ingredients with tongs and a slotted spoon. There will a lot of liquid in the crock, so you'll need to strain it. Set the liquid aside temporarily.
With liquid drained, place all ingredients back in the crock. Mix ingredients together until they're thoroughly combined. Place your slow cooker on LOW. Or, turn it off and unplug it.
Taste the chicken. If it's dry, add back some of the liquid you removed and taste again until you're satisfied. Toss any remaining liquid.
To serve, place brown rice in bowl, put some of the shredded chicken on top, then add toppings such as shredded cheese, avocado, chopped onion, hot sauce and a squeeze of lemon or lime. Enjoy!
Read NextIrresistible Butter Chicken
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Make your favorite fast food takeout with this recipe for Chick-fil-A Chicken Tortilla Soup. This dish is delicious and tastes just… Continue reading: "Chick-fil-A Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe (in a Slow Cooker)"
- Irresistible Butter Chicken
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken
- 1950s Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Biscuits Dinner
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken
- Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Chicken
- Knock Your Socks Off Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage
- Slow Cooker Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
- Heavenly Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Amazing Chicken Poutine
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chicken Chili With White Beans
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker 15 Bean Soup
- Vegetable Ground Beef Soup
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Cheesy Hot Baked Spinach Dip Recipe
- The Best Easy Taco Soup Recipe
- Green Chile Chicken In Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook