Flavorful Slow Cooker Chili
Simple but savory, this Flavorful Slow Cooker Chili is a wintertime favorite! For an easy chili recipe for dinners, potlucks, and parties, make this slow cooker chili recipe and wait for the reactions. Everyone will love this beefy chili recipe. It contains the usual beef, beans, and spices, but not every chili has as much flavor as this slow cooker recipe! Try it out this season and see what you think!
Preparation Time7 min
Slow Cooker Time LOW12 hr
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cilantro stalks and leaves
- 1 bell pepper any color you like
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 cup sprouted trio beans or 1 (19-ounce) can any beans you like
- 1 cup water (only if you use dry beans)
- 1 cup corn
- 1 Russian garlic clove or 2-3 small garlic cloves
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon red paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (you can add more or less, it depends on your liking)
- salt to taste
Crush the onion, celery, garlic, pepper and the tomatoes from can in a blender. Add cilantro stalks and crush as well.
Place the meat in the slow cooker pot. Add crushed sauce, pasta sauce and spices to pot.
Add corn and beans (if you use canned beans, drain them prior to adding). Mix everything very well.
If you use dry beans add water and if you use canned beans don't add the water.
Place the pot in slow cooker.You have 2 preparation options: If you want your chili fast plug it for 3-4 hours on high setting. If you have time plug it for 7-9 hours on low setting.
Mix chili every hour very well. When it’s done, serve with extra sharp cheddar cheese and cilantro leaves on top.
Read NextSlow Cooker Beef Short Rib Chili