17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- see all comments
"My husband loved it and said make it again. I didn't really like it because it was too sweet for me."
"Great on rice!"
"My reaction found I didn't like olives."
Savory Slow Cooker Meatloaf
This slow cooker recipe for meatloaf is deliciously easy and perfect for busy weeknights!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
This Savory Slow Cooker Meatloaf is pure, old-fashioned comfort! Meatloaf is such an easy dish to throw together, and when meal planning for a busy week, making it in the slow cooker is the perfect time-friendly option. You can put your meat and all of your ingredients in the slow cooker the night before and have your dinner cooking all day while you are at work. When you come home, your stress-free dinner is ready.
Preparation Time20 min
Slow Cooker Time HIGH1 hr
Slow Cooker Time LOW3 hr 50 min
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 3 slices bread
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
Looking for more recipes to make this week? Check out 14 Family Slow Cooker Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Apr 24, 2018
This sounds like a really good meatloaf recipe and cooking it in the slow cooker would make what I consider to be a "winter" meal into one that I could make in summer. (and thereby make the hubby really happy) I usually use ground turkey to make meatloaf, but the addition of all the great spices and sauces would add a depth of flavor that could make it very tasty! I need to try this recipe soon.
Feb 08, 2018
Coming from a woman who has an oven that does not work efficiently, I can totally appreciate THIS recipe! I'd love to set it on low for three hours while I go do something more fun like shopping. I like to have scalloped potatoes on the side with meatloaf. I did not know that I should be letting my bread crumbs sit with the egg and milk for 5 minutes before mixing into the loaf mixture. Does this really make a difference in the outcome? Just wondered.
Jan 18, 2018
I never thought to make meatloaf in the slow cooker. You really do learn something new every day! I can't wait to try this recipe.
Oct 19, 2017
Love that you can make this in your slow cooker! I'm definitely going to have to test it out.
May 05, 2017
Slow Cooker MEATLOAF? What a game-changer! This is a great way to prevent the dryness that often occurs when cooking a meatloaf. Cooking it slowly seems like it would really lock in the moisture and make for a flavorful dish. Definitely putting this in my recipe box!
Apr 30, 2017
This recipe looks delicious! This meatloaf has a lot of different ingredients from my usual recipe. I am intrigued by the hot sauce, mustard, and ground pork. My recipe for meatloaf uses ground chuck, but no pork. I've always baked my meatloaf so I'm excited to try a slow cooker recipe.
Feb 01, 2017
Just looking and reading this recipe brings me right back to my childhood when my mam used to make this dinner. She always did this in an oven but I got a slow cooker off my parents for Christmas after buying my first house with my partner, trying to juggle house work, job, dog...is harder than I thought so popping something like this on for 3 to 4 hours sounds great to help get things done in between, thank you for the recipe.
Jan 19, 2017
How long would you have to cook the meatloaf to make a double recipe? I have a large family and need to feed eight of us at dinner. I would love to make a big batch of this and use the leftovers for lunch the following day. I have a six quart crock pot and I can put up to eight or ten pounds of meat in it at a time, but I have no idea how long to cook it to get it moist and done.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Lazy Chicken Alfredo
Lazy Chicken Alfredo is an excellent dish to make because it's easy and takes all day to cook. It's filling and delicious. Cream of… Continue reading: "Lazy Chicken Alfredo"
- Sausage Steam Pot with Potatoes and Cabbage
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers
- Savory Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Beef and Mushrooms
- Slow Cooker Greek Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans
- No-Fuss Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
- Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles
- Loaded Slow Cooker Pierogies
- Rosemary Leg of Lamb
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Au Gratin Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Leg Of Lamb
- Cheesecake Factory Meatloaf Recipe
- Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Soup
- Slow Cooker Guinness Irish Beef Stew
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake
- Slow Cooker London Broil
- Slow Cooker Sirloin Tip Roast
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook