Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- see all comments
"I can not make this because the ingredient list on "All day slow cooker swiss steak is different then the ingredient list that printed. Very disappointed! I even have an account and could not find the directions .I do not want the the recipe with onion."
"My husband loved it and said make it again. I didn't really like it because it was too sweet for me."
"Great on rice!"
Grandma's Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Grandma's Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes are the perfect side dish to bring to any family gathering or potluck. Creamy and cheesy, this scalloped potato recipe marries delicious flavors with extreme ease. Layer the scalloped potatoes and onions with the creamy soup mixture to make sure the ingredients are incorporated throughout. After cooking the dish for five hours, melt cheesy goodness over the top of the potatoes to add the finishing touch. Serve these cheese scalloped potatoes alongside a meat and vegetable, or eat on their own. They are that good.
Preparation Time20 min
Slow Cooker Time HIGH5 hr
Cooking Vessel Size6-quart slow cooker
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold or Eastern potatoes, unpeeled and thinly sliced (about 9 cups)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can Campbell's Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with the cooking spray. Layer one third of the potatoes and half of the onion in the cooker. Repeat the layers. Top with the remaining potatoes.
Stir the soup, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper in a medium bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the potatoes. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
Sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Read NextRustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Aug 31, 2017
These sound absolutely delicious! I have never made scalloped potatoes by scratch. Only the cheap box mixes. I am amazed at how easy these are to make. I had no idea! I can do this for my next potluck and wow the crowd. There is so much cheese in here, too!
Apr 05, 2017
Scalloped potatoes is a perfect side dish for Easter ham. I can't wait to make this for Easter dinner. The recipe looks pretty quick too, especially the part about using unpeeled potatoes. I love that all the work is done ahead of time so there is nothing to do when guests arrive. I am a little skeptical about using canned cheese soup, but, given the reviews, I am willing to give it a try.
Mar 03, 2017
Scalloped potatoes is one of my all time favorite side dishes, but it's always seemed so complicated and time consuming to make. After seeing this recipe it looks completely effortless and I find, there's no reason for me not to try it now. You can even add green onion, bacon, chives or anything you like to put your own twist on it!
Jan 27, 2017
This dish sounds so thick and rich. I love a good sauce on potatoes. I could eat them for a meal by themselves if it were only healthy. Thanks so much for the recipe. I want to try it the next time I make meatloaf. I love to serve meatloaf and scalloped potatoes.
Jan 25, 2017
This is a great recipe! This is now my favorite crock pot recipe ever. I LOVE scalloped potatoes, but I hate making them. They are messy. I usually end up with a huge mess on my countertop and in my stove. This recipe made these potatoes so user friendly, I could cook these every night if I wanted. I also found that I could add spinach, broccoli, or pretty much any other veggie that I wanted to throw in. This definitely gets an A in my book! Thank you for this wonderful recipe.
Jan 14, 2017
The perfect comfort food. I will prepare them with a little ham thrown it. Sounds delicious.
Jan 10, 2017
For me, it's my dad's recipe that I miss. Can't wait to try this one!
Nov 05, 2016
Love, love, love scalloped potatoes! My mother (not my grandma) used to make them all the time - but out of a box. So glad using this recipe I can make them up fresh for my family, and only 20 minutes of prep time.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Slow Cooker Chicken Cheesesteak
The classic Philly chicken cheesesteak becomes an easy weeknight dinner -- thanks to the convenience of a slow cooker! With garlic,… Continue reading: "Slow Cooker Chicken Cheesesteak"
- Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Garlic Spoonbread Slow Cooker Recipe
- Buttery Dill Corn on the Cob
- Country Scalloped Potatoes
- Classic Green Bean Casserole
- Slow Cooker Corn On The Cob With Bacon And Herbed Butter
- 20 Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- 4-Ingredient Cream Cheese Corn
- Homemade Slow Cooker Barbecue Sauce
- Pizza-Flavored Slow Cooker Potatoes
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Feta & Spinach Frittata
- Slow Cooker Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Beef Bulgogi
- Honey Bourbon Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Red Pepper Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Soup (dairy Free Recipe!)
- Slow Cooker Green Chili Chicken Bake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Spoon Brownies
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook