Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes
This recipe for Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes is a gem among slow cooker side dish recipes. It's super simple and great for holiday meals! These potatoes will really step up your Easter table a notch or two, especially when paired with the other delectable components on the menu. You can’t have a holiday food spread and leave out the spuds, so get out you slow cooker and get cracking on this beloved recipe.
Cooking Time7 hr
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/8-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- Place all ingredients except milk in slow cooker; toss to combine.
- Cover; cook on LOW 7 hours or on HIGH 4 hours.
- Add milk to potatoes.
- Mash potatoes with potato masher or electric mixer until smooth.