How to Make a Whole Chicken in the Slow Cooker
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Chicken is such an easy food item to prepare. Whether it be baking, frying, or sauteing, the possibilities are essentially endless. However, there's another way to cook chicken that people often neglect. By preparing a chicken in your slow cooker, you can free up space in the rest of your kitchen. This means that you can use your stove and oven to make other dishes, such as sides or desserts. Let us show you how to make a whole chicken in the slow cooker in just a few simple steps. We've also included a few recipes listed on our site that put this method into use.
Slow cooker chicken recipes are an excellent idea for a number of reasons. One reason is that the chicken simmers all day in the slow cooker, giving it an excellent taste and texture. The chicken becomes tender, juicy, and delicious. Plus, it really absorbs all of the flavors of the herbs and spices that it cooks with.
If you're interested in knowing how to make a whole chicken slow cooker recipe, follow these easy steps:
Rinse the chicken in cold water for two to three minutes, then pat it dry with paper towels. Remove the neck and trim any excess fat from the chicken.
Sprinkle salt and pepper over the entire chicken, then put the chicken into the slow cooker with the breast facing up. Put the lid on and set the heat to low.
Allow the chicken to cook for 6 to 7 hours on HIGH, or about 8 to 9 hours on LOW, then remove chicken from the slow cooker.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and carve the chicken. Serve the chicken immediately, or put in a container and refrigerate until ready to use.
With these easy steps, you'll have a tasty slow cooked chicken that you didn't have to work all day preparing!
More Whole Chicken Recipes:
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken for Four
Slow Cooker Whole Chicken and Vegetables
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Whole Roasted Chicken
Overnight Whole Chicken
Budget-Friendly Lemon Rosemary Chicken
Slow Cooker Whole Chicken with Herbs and Caramelized Onions
- Roasted Chicken with Vegetables
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Whip up a batch of these Easy 4-Ingredient Caramel Apples to get everyone in the holiday spirit. Whether you are planning a Halloween… Continue reading: "Easy 4-Ingredient Caramel Apples"
- How to Bake in a Slow Cooker
- How to Test the Freshness of an Egg
- Tips for Converting Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Sizes Guide
- Are Slow Cookers Safe? + 5 Safety Tips
- How to Cook Butternut Squash in the Slow Cooker
- How to Make Your Own Caramel Apple Bar
- How to Use Slow Cooker Liners
- The Measurement Conversion Chart You Need for Your Kitchen
- How To Make A Pumpkin Pie Spice Substitute
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Honey Butter Oven Baked Corn
- Gorgeous Homemade Cake Pops Recipe
- Easy Spanish Omelette (spanish Tortilla)
- Whole Smoked Turkey Recipe
- Super Easy Chili Recipe
- Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes: 16 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Casseroles
- Sous Vide Brisket Recipe. 24 Hour Brisket.
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- Cheesy Ranch Chicken
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook