- see all comments
"My husband loved it and said make it again. I didn't really like it because it was too sweet for me."
"Great on rice!"
"My reaction found I didn't like olives."
Slow Cooker Beef and Tater Tot Casserole
The whole family will love this simple 6-ingredient slow cooker recipe!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Slow Cooker Beef and Tater Tot Casserole is one of those easy slow cooker casserole recipes that's perfect if your family enjoys ground beef. Among ground beef slow cooker recipes, this dish couldn't be simpler to prepare.
It's made with savory ingredients, including Rotel, frozen tater tots, cream of chicken soup, Cheddar cheese, and more. This slow cooker casserole recipe is versatile, no matter the time of year. It's a great, satisfying recipe for a weeknight dinner.
This recipe is a great one to grab at the last minute as you only need to cook this dish in your slow cooker for 2 to 3 hours. This could not be an easier to make on a busy weeknight, when you have little time to make a meal. Warm up some pre-made veggies and put out a pre-made salad and you are golden.
Preparation Time15 min
Slow Cooker Time LOW2 hr
- 1 pound ground beef, browned
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 (16-ounce) package of frozen tater tots
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
For more slow cooker recipes with ground beef, check out our collection of 21 Most Addicting Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes
DID YOU KNOW?
Tater tots haven't always been such a popular food item. In fact, they were originally nothing more than leftovers!
Ore-Ida founders F. Nephi Grigg and Golden Grigg invented the tater tot in 1953 when they found themselves with leftover slivers of potatoes. Not wanting to waste perfectly good potato scraps, they did what any innovative chef would do: they took those leftover slivers, chopped them up a bit, added some flour and seasonings, and shaped them into their familiar cylindrical shape that we all know and love today. There are many delicious slow cooker potato recipes that incorporate tater tots.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Nov 17, 2018
There are so many tater tot casserole recipes available everywhere, I do not know of one that stands out more than any other. I have been researching different recipes, and I have found several to make in the slow cooker. I am going to try them all, to see which one or ones my family likes the best.
Feb 22, 2020
Let us know your results! I'm probably going to make this one tonight. I'm up for something simple and different.
Apr 06, 2017
We recently discovered tater tot casseroles. It's a wonderful to have a hot dinner that even picky eaters love. This one is no exception. I used cream of celery instead of the chicken. I also used some diced tomatoes that I had canned, some chopped jalapenos and a canned of diced chili peppers. This is so good! I love that you can customize this for the heat of the dish. It makes everyone happy. To finish, I added a dollop of sour cream to the plate and some chives. Delicious!
Apr 01, 2017
I love tater tot casseroles! I have several recipes that contain tater tots and they are all slightly different. They make a hearty meal that is easy to prepare. The great thing about casseroles is that you don't have much else to worry about for your dinner. Even though some might consider your tater tots to be your vegetable, I would make a side veggie like corn, beans, or carrots.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Sausage Steam Pot with Potatoes and Cabbage
This recipe for a Sausage Steam Pot with Potatoes and Cabbage is one of those recipes that remind us why cabbage is awesome! This… Continue reading: "Sausage Steam Pot with Potatoes and Cabbage"
- Slow Cooker Hamburger Wild Rice Casserole
- Trisha Yearwood's Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
- Cowboy Casserole
- All-Day Shepherd's Pie
- Slow Cooker Beef and Tater Tot Casserole
- Oh My Darlin' Dumplins and Chicken
- Tasty Taco Tater Tot Casserole
- Slow Cooker Hamburger and Potato Bake
- The King of Casseroles: King Ranch Chicken
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Au Gratin Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Leg Of Lamb
- Cheesecake Factory Meatloaf Recipe
- Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Soup
- Slow Cooker Guinness Irish Beef Stew
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake
- Slow Cooker London Broil
- Slow Cooker Sirloin Tip Roast
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook