Slow Cooker Pork Chops, Ribs and More: 10 Best Slow Cooker Recipes for Pork
- see all comments
"My husband loved it and said make it again. I didn't really like it because it was too sweet for me."
"Great on rice!"
"My reaction found I didn't like olives."
Southern Smothered Slow Cooker Pork Chops
The Southern-style pork chop recipe that never fails to satisfy!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Southern Smothered Slow Cooker Pork Chops is a wonderfully easy recipe for slow cooker pork chops that is guaranteed to get your mouth watering. This recipe uses super simple seasoning, yet gives you a succulent meal that will "wow" you.
This is a great recipe to whip up during the holidays because of how elegant and hearty it is, but it's also a great dish to make when you're in need of something to throw together for a weeknight dinner. This dish pairs wonderfully with mashed potatoes and your favorite veggies.
Preparation Time15 min
Slow Cooker Time HIGH3 hr
- 4 center cut pork chops
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
Place flour, poultry seasoning and salt into a zip-top plastic bag and shake to mix. Add chops and shake until they are lightly coated.
Heat a heavy skillet large enough to hold all the chops over medium high heat, adding the oil until it shimmers. Place the chops into the pan and saut 2 3 minutes per side until golden brown.
Remove chops from the pan and, still on the heat, add 2 tablespoons flour mixture from the plastic bag into the skillet, stirring a few seconds to cook the flour. Add about cup of the broth to the skillet and cook and stir to lift any browned bits from the pan. Add the remaining broth to the pan and turn off the heat. Reserve the remaining flour mixture for later.
Place the onion into the bottom of the slow cooker and lay the pork chops on top. Pour the liquids from the pan over the chops, cover and cook on high 2 hours.
Open the cooker and ladle out about cup of the resulting juices into a small bowl. Stir in the remaining flour mixture from the plastic bag into the juices until completely smooth. Return this mixture to the slow cooker stirring to mix. Cover and continue to cook 30- 45 more minutes.
Serve with mashed potatoes, using the sauce in the pot as gravy.
For more recipes for pork chops, check out our collection of Slow Cooker Pork Chops: 13 Flavorful Pork Chop Recipes
Read NextThree-Ingredient Pork Chops for Four
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Apr 13, 2018
One of my favorites to make on a regular basis! So delicious.
Mar 28, 2018
Pork chops are one of my favorite. I can have them almost anyway imaginable. My favorite, smothered. I will make smothered chops at least once a week and to now have a slow cooker recipe, I kind of feel like I can prepare them more often.
Mar 15, 2018
With just seven ingredients and two hours later I can have wonderful meal such as this. How can you turn down a recipe of this caliber? With simple ingredients that are not really unhealthy this recipe offers a great alternative way to prepare pork chops.
Apr 07, 2016
This is a really good basic recipe. I would spice it up with a bit more pepper and would also prefer a slightly thicker sauce, easily achieved by adding more flour. I would also add a couple of cored, peeled and quartered apples.
Apr 07, 2016
Leave a comment...
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan "Meatballs"
Try a new spin on slow cooker meatballs with this slow cooker meatball recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan "Meatballs." Made with… Continue reading: "Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan "Meatballs""
- Three-Ingredient Pork Chops for Four
- Zesty Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Hawaiian Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
- Loaded Pulled Pork Nachos
- Parmesan Honey Pork Roast
- Slow Cooker Honey Baked Ham
- Carolina Style Pulled Pork Pizza
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Gravy
- 2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- Honey Glazed Pork Meatballs
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Pizza
- Slow Cooker Au Gratin Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Leg Of Lamb
- Cheesecake Factory Meatloaf Recipe
- Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Soup
- Slow Cooker Guinness Irish Beef Stew
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake
- Slow Cooker London Broil
- Slow Cooker Sirloin Tip Roast
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook