This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Instant Pot Syracuse Salt Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
"Salt Potatoes are also known as Syracuse Salt Potatoes. New potatoes are cooked in a salt brine giving them a salty exterior and a rich and creamy interior. I came across the history of salt potatoes and knew I had to make this regional potato dish of Syracuse, New York. New and tender young baby potatoes boiled in a salt brine that forms a salty crust around each baby potato that then seals the potato skin and keeps the water from penetrating the inside of the potatoes. "
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time15 min
Cooking MethodPressure Cooker
- 3 (1-pound) 3 lbs new baby potatoes
- 6 cups Warm water
- 1 cup coarse sea salt
Read NextOne-Step BBQ Green Beans
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Try this awesome slow cooker pot roast recipe for Perfect Sunday Dinner Pot Roast. This recipe will show you how to make an easy slow… Continue reading: "Perfect Sunday Dinner Pot Roast"
- One-Step BBQ Green Beans
- Comforting Cheesy Potatoes
- Buttery Dill Corn on the Cob
- Slow Cooker Bread With Garlic And Parmesan
- Cheddar Bacon Slow Cooker Bread
- Barbecue Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker Hot German Potato Salad
- Slow Cooker Olive Parmesan Bread
- Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice
- Easy Cheesy Potatoes
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook