Heather R. - Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Heather enjoys cooking in her spare time and also so her family can eat healthy, wholesome food!
She has tried a lot of new recipes and friends frequently were asking for her recipe or how to make it. She was finally encourage by another fellow blogger to start her own blog.
Most of Heather's recipes appear on her blog, but she have also been a guest blogger for other blogs such as ActingBalanced.com. Her recipes have also been linked from other blogs such as JoyInMyKitchen.blogspot.com.
In the past couple of years, Heather said her cooking style has changed into wholesome, tasty, easy meals.
"Most people will cringe when they hear I make bread from scratch, but it's really not that hard and so much more delicious than store bought bread," Heather said. "I also like to make and experiment with slow cooker recipes. There are days when we are busy and need something at the ready for dinner. I love finding new recipes and new things to try in the slow cooker, as we like to eat a big variety of food!"
Heather said she mostly cooks for her family and friends that she has over for dinner. She and her family have recently moved and have become more involved with the church so they attend many potlucks and soup nights there, she said.
Heather has been a stay at home mom for five years to two little boys, Avery and Quinn. She is married to her wonderful, supportive husband, Keith. She also recently became a Mary Kay independent beauty consultant to help support her family.
"I love to cook for other people and LOVE when I impress them," Heather said. "It makes me feel happy that I was able to provide them with some delicious food. I am a foodie at heart and love to read and search for recipes!! I do also enjoy reading novels."
The most exotic thing Heather has cooked would be other cuisines, she said. She has tried both Thai curry and Indian curry. She also tried an Arabic dish. Heather said she likes to experiment and try new flavors, even if her family doesn't always like them!
One of her biggest challenges, she said, has actually been to make a good homemade mac & cheese or a broccoli cheese soup.
"I think I have finally masted the Mac and Cheese, but I'm still working on the Broccoli soup," Heather said.
Heather's Recipes on AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes:
Read Next7 Best Slow Cooker Blogs
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
You just have to try the World's Best Split Pea Soup with Bacon Bits. This split pea soup recipe is better than any of the split pea… Continue reading: "World's Best Split Pea Soup with Bacon Bits"
- 7 Best Slow Cooker Blogs
- Karen Petersen - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Anne-Marie Nichols - Food Blogger
- Stephanie O'Dea - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Blake Landau - Food Blogger
- Tess Gardner - Food Blogger
- Hope Comerford - Food Blogger
- Brandie Skibinski - Food Blogger
- Stephanie Nuccitelli - Food Blogger
- Ginger Jones - Food Blogger
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Instant Pot Syracuse Salt Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken
- Delicious Instant Pot Meatballs Recipe
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Tenderloin
- Beef Barbacoa
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork With Apricot Preserves
- Easy Leftover Chicken Enchiladas
- Easy Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook