Stephanie O'Dea - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Stephanie started slow cooking as a newlywed and new mother as a way to save time and money in the kitchen. In 2008, she took her love for slow cooking to the Internet and made a New Year's Resolution to use her slow cooker every day for a year and write about it online.
This simple idea resulted in a highly-trafficked Web site and three cookbooks (her first cookbook spent six weeks on the New York Times best sellers list) and a housekeeping shortcut guide for busy moms (Make it Fast, Cook it Slow cookbooks, Totally Together: Shortcuts to an Organized Life).
Stephanie said she actually really wanted to start a blog to see if she could make a bit of money at home while tending to her children.
"I liked the idea of a food blog because it was a tightly-focused niche and I wouldn't have to share too many personal details of my family life," Stephanie said.
Stephanie has appeared on Good Morning America and The Rachael Ray Show. Stephanie's recipes are in her cookbooks, appear on ABC.com, and have been featured in major women's magazines such as Real Simple, Parenting, Woman's Day, Woman's World, Parade, and on Oprah.com.
Stephanie said she seems to have a knack for looking at a recipe and figuring out a way to slow cook it.
"I'm known to eat restaurant food, take notes on a napkin, then come home and figure it out in the slow cooker," Stephanie said. "Also, since we're a gluten free family I am unable to use the canned condensed soup that many traditional slow cooker recipes require."
As such, Stephanie said she tries to use from-scratch ingredients often.
"But I must admit, I've got a soft spot in my heart for Velveeta and bacon," she said.
Stephanie's Recipes on AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes:
Read NextTess Gardner - Food Blogger
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
"Tender, juicy, and full of flavor, this Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast is an easy dinner that your family will love! Whether you serve… Continue reading: "Italian-Style Slow Cooker Pot Roast"
- Tess Gardner - Food Blogger
- Six Sisters - Food Bloggers
- Karen Petersen - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- 7 Best Slow Cooker Blogs
- Hope Comerford - Food Blogger
- Stephanie O'Dea - Cookbook Author & Food Blogger
- Cynthia Graubart - Cookbook Author, Culinary Teacher, and Food Writer
- Ginger Jones - Food Blogger
- Angela Barrett - Food Blogger
- Amanda Formaro - Food and Craft Blogger
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Vegetarian Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Pinto Beans And Sausage
- Slow Cooker Gumbo
- Cabbage Hog Dog And Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chorizo Gumbo
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Pecan Dump Cake
- Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken And Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Ranch Tater Tots
- Homemade Spices For Corned Beef And Cabbage
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook