12 Savory Sweet Potato Slow Cooker Recipes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Sometimes the best slow cooker recipes come along with the change of the seasons. These 12 Savory Sweet Potato Slow Cooker Recipes will give you something simple and delicious to put on your holiday table or serve for a festive and seasonal spread. Make the most of this year's harvest, and make use of the vegetables of the season.
Sweet potatoes are great for so many reasons -- mainly because of how versatile they are to cook with. They make a great addition to any main course, and add a savory, yet subtlety sweet profile to any dish. It's one of the best veggies to make for a side or main course because of how easily it lends itself to melding with almost any combination of foods.
We all know that sweet potato recipes are made most frequently during the fall and Thanksgiving season, however, this is a veggie that vegetarians everywhere have loved since the beginning of time. Not only is it super flavorful, but it's also delicious and boasts some pretty awesome health benefits as well. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A, C, manganese, copper, and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and phosphorus. Basically, you can't go wrong if you throw these sweet spuds on the table.
Whether you choose to make a soup, a bowl of mashed sweet potatoes, or even a layered sweet potato lasagna, these sweet potato slow cooker recipes are bound to hit the spot this fall and beyond.
12 Savory Sweet Potato Slow Cooker Recipes
Table of Contents
For more recipes that are perfect for fall, check out our collection of 16 Slow Cooker Recipes with Apples
Sweet Potato Side Dish Recipes
- Savory Buttery Sage Mashed Sweet PotatoesThis recipe for Savory Buttery Sage Mashed Sweet Potatoes is one that will be a memorable addition to your holiday table. Make this unique mashed potato recipe for Thanksgiving this year and watch new traditions unfold. This slightly sweet recipe is complemented subtlely by a blend of spices and cream for a deliciously cohesive dish that will go wonderfully alongside your holiday feast.
- Sweet as Can Be Sweet Potato CasseroleSweet potato casserole is that classic side dish that everyone looks forward to. This recipe tastes just like the classic recipe, except it is made in the slow cooker! It will help free up some valuable oven space on Thanksgiving, too.
- Easy Slow Cooker Sweet Potato StuffingIf you are tired of your go-to stuffing recipe, give this unique recipe a try. Sweet potatoes and King's Hawaiian stuffing mix is the key to this incredible stuffing. Don't think you have to save this recipe for Turkey Day - it could easily be enjoyed all autumn long.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Soup Recipes
- Creamy Chicken, Corn and Sweet Potato ChowderThis Southwestern chowder is a fun twist on more traditional chowders. Canned adobo chiles, corn, and cilantro add a fun twist to this recipe. If you're looking for a tasty slow cooker soup that will excite your taste buds, look no further than this recipe.
- Chipotle Chicken Pumpkin Ale ChiliThis chili tastes like fall in a bowl! Sweet potatoes and a bottle of pumpkin ale add wonderful flavor to this soup. Black beans and chicken make for a hearty recipe that will warm you from the inside out. This recipe would be perfect for game day or a lazy day at home.
- Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash SoupThis soup only requires a handful of ingredients but you'd never guess it once you take a bite. Once the potatoes and squash are cooked, they are pureed with coconut milk and some additional spices. Everyone will be so impressed by this velvety smooth soup!
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Paleo Slow Cooker Chicken Stuffed Sweet PotatoesThis Paleo-friendly recipe is bursting with delicious flavors and ingredients like pomegranate, ginger, tahini, and garam masala. Chicken thighs are cooked and shredded in the slow cooker before topping the sweet potatoes. This is a feel good recipe that is also dairy-free!
- BBQ Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet PotatoesIf you like pulled pork, this is a fun way to enjoy it. Baked potatoes are stuffed with barbecue sauce and cheese and baked in the oven. Then, they are topped with sour cream and cilantro for a delicious meal. No one will expect this recipe!
- Slow Cooker Stuffed Sweet PotatoesIf you have time to cook the sweet potatotes in the slow cooker beforehand, this can be a 30-minute meal! A quick turkey chili mixture tops the sweet potatoes along with sour cream. This would also make a great lunch recipe!
Main Dish Dinner Recipes with Sweet Potatoes
- Addicting Sweet Potato Lasagna (For Your Slow Cooker)Sliced sweet potatoes add the perfect amount of sweetness to this otherwise savory lasagna recipe. Vegetarians and meat-eaters alike will enjoy this unique lasagna recipe.
- Peach Salsa Pork Roast with Sweet PotatoesFor a one-pot meal that packs in tons of flavor and heartiness, make this recipe for Peach Salsa Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes. This easy pot roast recipe is perfect for any time of the year because it has both peach and sweet potato in it. The peach salsa adds sweetness and a summery note to the pork while it cooks, and the sweet potatoes bring in a fall and winter flair and add earthy flavors to the dish. When the easy slow cooker pot roast is done cooking, serve it with rice and top it with cilantro and green onions.
- Sweet Potato & Chicken KormaChicken and sweet potatoes star in this spectacularly flavorful slow cooker recipe. It does require some prep work, but the end result is well worth it. The sauce is a mixture of coconut milk, coriander, tumeric, and a few more special spices. Enjoy this over white rice for the perfect meal.
For more ideas for how to eat festive this fall, try the recipes on our free eCookbook, "Slow Cooker Fall Favorites: 21 Fall Slow Cooker Recipes" Free eCookbook
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
Of all slow cooker Italian recipes, this Spectacular Sausage and Spinach Lasagna is certainly a keeper. It's a scrumptious dish that… Continue reading: "Spectacular Sausage and Spinach Lasagna"
- Swedish Meatballs
- Easy Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans
- No-Fuss Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
- Classic Slow Cooker Chili Mac
- Best Ever Beer Marinated Bratwurst Recipe
- Sausage Steam Pot with Potatoes and Cabbage
- Bacon Wrapped Cornish Game Hens
- Slow Cooker Farmhouse Ham and Cheddar Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
- Mississippi Pot Roast
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole
- Easy Slow Cooker Stuffing
- Pumpkin Pudding
- Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
- White Chicken Chili
- Hearty Smoked Beef Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Artichoke Soup With Rice
- The Very Best Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook