5 Slow Cooker Tips for Beginners
By: The Editors of AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're constantly pressed for time, or you prefer to make simple meals, then a slow cooker is the appliance for you! Using a slow cooker is an excellent way to produce a fabulous dinner without spending hours in the kitchen. If you're a first time slow cooker user, check out these 5 Slow Cooker Tips for Beginners. Slow cooking is easy and hassle-free. Anyone can make fantastic slow cooker recipes. With our guide, you'll be a slow cooker pro in no time. Your slow cooker will save you time and money in the kitchen, while serving fantastic slow cooker dinner recipes your family will enjoy.
Slow cooker recipes are great for people who are on the go. Some slow cooker recipes require some prep-time. Other recipes simply require you to throw the ingredients into the slow cooker and let them cook for the recommended time. Most recipes can cook while you're at work all day. When you come home, you will be greeted with a tantalizing aroma and a home-cooked meal. What could be better than that? So pull out that slow cooker and let's get cooking!
Here are five great tips to get you started:
Don't be daunted by a new appliance! Experiment with a slow cooker and whip up a slow cooker recipe for your next meal. You can't go wrong if you follow these tips. Happy slow cooking!
Before you add any kind of meat to the slow cooker, make sure it is fully defrosted. Never attempt to cook frozen meat in the slow cooker. You can also use cheaper cuts of meat, such as stewing or braising meat. Cooking these meats in the slow cooker for hours will make them tender and flavorful.
Don't peek! When you repeatedly take the lid off of your slow cooker, heat is lost. This means that it could take longer for your meal to cook. It's best to let the slow cooker do its job and not remove the lid.
If you want your meal to cook all day, use your slow cooker's low-heat setting. This allows most foods to cook for 10 to 12 hours. The high-heat setting usually allows food to cook in 5 to 6 hours.
Spray your slow cooker before use with a cooking spray. This will make clean up much easier. There are also plastic liners that you can buy, which are placed into the slow cooker before you add in the ingredients. After cooking is done, you simply throw away the liner, leaving you no mess to clean up.
If you want to be environmentally friendly, you can skip the liners and soak your slow cooker in a combination of warm water and baking soda before scrubbing for easy cleaning.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Tips for Converting Slow Cooker Recipes
- The Measurement Conversion Chart You Need for Your Kitchen
- How to Make a Whole Chicken in the Slow Cooker
- Quick Bread Recipes and Cake Recipes: How to Bake in Your Slow Cooker
- 6 Easy Tips For How to Clean Your Slow Cooker
- How to Cook a Turkey in Your Slow Cooker
- How to Set Up a Caramel Apple Bar
- How Does a Slow Cooker Work?
- 5 Slow Cooker Tips for Beginners
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Microplane 3-in-1 Ginger Tool
- Slow Cooker Mexican Spinach Dip Recipe
- Slow Cooker Taco Pasta Recipe
- Slow Cooker Tequila Lime Chicken
- Slow Cooker Honey Chipotle BBQ Chicken
- Lazy Chicken and Potatoes
- Emile Henry Soup Pot
- The Best Meatballs Recipes: 23 Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs Recipes
- Slow Cooker California Chicken Bowls
- Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Chicken Tenders