Year-Round Slow Cooker Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Year-Round Slow Cooker Cookbook Review
Provided by The Taunton Press
Reviewed by Blair Chavis
Your slow cooker is not reserved solely for fall and winter; you can use it all year round to make vibrant dishes for every season. The Year-Round Slow Cooker cookbook by Dina Cheney is a great tool for cooking with your slow cooker all year! Cheney's cookbook offers a technicolor view of slow cooking with fresh, flavorful ingredients, no matter the season. With 100 recipes included in this cookbook, the possibilities are truly endless.
Winter, spring, summer and fall, this cookbook is broken down into each season, offering guidance for ingredients and recipes. If you ever wondered which ingredients were most appropriate for each season, Cheney groups her recipes by season, spotlighting which ingredients are most appropriate. For instance, for winter, Cheney recommends citrus fruits, collard greens, winter squash, and other tasty ingredients. Following her ingredient spotlight, she lays out delicious and colorful recipes to follow using those ingredients.
Not to mention, Cheney's detailed book includes beginning notes that are invaluable. She offers advice on choosing and using a slow cooker. And, she explains how to build flavor when slow cooking in her section, "Road Map for Making Flavorful Slow-Cooked Food." Cooking proteins can be intimidating when using a slow cooker, but Cheney gives pointers for temperature doneness to help reduce that anxiety.
Cooking tips aside, the diversity of recipes represented in this cookbook would make anyone excited to dust off their slow cooker and put it to good use. Inside this cookbook, you'll find classic recipes, such as Cowboy Beef and Bean Stew and Winter Squash Chili, as well as unusual fare, such as Meyer Lemon Pots de Creme with Meyer Lemon Curd and Corn-vanilla Pudding with Triple-Berry Sauce. You'll even find some tried-and-true favorites with a brand new spin, such as Cheney's recipe for a Pork Loin Roast with Dried Fruit, Orange, and Sage.
If you're a slow cooker newbie, Cheney's cookbook will surely get you excited to use your slow cooker. If you're an experienced slow cooker user, Year-Round Slow Cooker will help you fall in love with your slow cooker all over again.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- The Professional Chef, Ninth Edition Review
- Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook Review
- Betty Crocker Halloween Cookbook Review
- Slow Cooker Desserts Cookbook Review
- Year-Round Slow Cooker Cookbook Review
- The Low-GI Slow Cooker Cookbook Review
- Slow Cooker Double Dinners For Two Cookbook Review
- Sweet On Texas Cookbook Review
- Slow Cooker Recipes 10 Ingredients or Less and Gluten-Free Cookbook Review
- Win a copy of 175 Essential Slow Cooker Classics and a Gourmac Tool Set!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Kielbasa And Sauerkraut
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Savory Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup
- BBQ Meatball Appetizer
- Party Beans
- Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
- Easy Slow Cooker Make Your Own Nachos Bar
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook