Brandie Skibinski - Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
The recipe was added to your Recipe Box.
Brandie Skibinski grew up as a Navy brat ("that’s what they call us military kids") in Norfolk, Virginia. Eventually, she married a Navy man. Her husband is out of the military now and they live in beautiful Southwest Virginia, near the Appalachian mountains.
Brandie is a momma that also works outside the home, so she said she understands the daily challenges of balancing home life and work--as well as all the day-to-day tasks (like finding time to get to the grocery store and putting a good meal on the table quickly!).
When she was a kid, Brandie said she loved to put together food.
"I can remember the first thing I ever learned to cook properly was a fried egg," Brandie said. "Then, I moved up to crepes filled with grape jelly and sprinkled with powdered sugar. I was 12 and apparently I thought that was very gourmet. What can I say, my mom indulged me."
Brandie describes her style of cooking as everyday family meals--meals that don’t take a whole day to prepare that she said she still feels good about serving to her family.
"For me, it isn’t just about the meal," Brandie said. "It’s about taking time out of our busy days to spend 30 minutes at the dinner table and reconnecting."
Brandie said she started her blog, The Country Cook, because she wanted to keep track of her recipes and her family’s recipes for future generations.
"It was a way for me to not just share a list of ingredients and directions, but to share the story behind those recipes," Brandie said. "We all have family traditions and family recipes. No matter how humble or how simple the ingredients and recipes may be, they are ours and we owe it to our kids to pass on that legacy.
Brandie's Recipes on AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes:
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Get ready for the Ultimate Sunday Supper: Chicken and Dumplings recipe. This is a classic chicken and dumplings meal that will do… Continue reading: "Ultimate Sunday Supper: Chicken and Dumplings"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Instant Pot Chicken Carnitas Recipe – Slow Cooker Option
- Slow Cooker Chicken With Brown Sugar And Balsamic Vinegar
- Pumpkin Monkey Bread Slow Cooker Recipe
- SuperEze Cookie and Ice Cream Scoop Set
- Slow Cooker Hamburger Cheese Dip
- Easy Garlic & Herb Slow Cooker Turkey
- Slow Cooker Ham and Bean Soup
- Traditional Irish Guinness Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Pancake Sausage Bites
- 17 Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker
- 17 Slow Cooker Casserole Recipe Classics
- 18 of Our Best Slow Cooker Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- All-Star Slow Cooker Recipes: 9 Of Our Best Slow Cooker Main Dishes
- Cooking on a Budget: 12 Slow Cooker Budget Dinner Recipes
- Food For Easter: 17 Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Great Ground Beef Recipes: 13 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes
- Mother's Day Ultimate Breakfast: 12 Mother's Day Recipes for Breakfast
- Show-Stealing Side Dishes: 20 of the Best Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken: 16 of Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes eCookbook